Chapter thirteenth: Graduation 🎓

Jessie Pov: 

This is it. The moment I've been waiting for my entire life The moment I step out into the real world and chase my dreams

Only if that idiot left me alone. He's constantly looking. Watching my every move as if I were his prey. I was honored as the highest GPA student of 2023. Nothing felt as good as this did. After the ceremony, I quickly made my way to the staff room. Handing off the gown and cap.

Congratulations, Jessie; I'm proud of you", Thanks, Miss; thank you for helping with history," Jessie replied. Before running out of the hall. I ran as fast as I could; it felt wrong to run from him. Was I losing my mind? He left this stupid mark on my neck.

I must leave him before he does something stupid again. I felt a grasp on my arm; it was Eric. Of all people, he asks, "What is it? I shouted. It was like my veins were coming out of my forehead. Like love making an appearance when I'm upset.

"Aren't you going to say 'hello'? Eric asked. His smile was not genuine; it never was. "Why is that? Should I say hello to you after what you did in your office? I'm done romanticizing an old idiot like you, Eric. Take your hands off me.

"I got the photos from Chole, and I saw everything, truth be told. I knew he was alive. I just couldn't allow him to have you. You see, Jessie, you're like a gem. No one and I repeat, no one, is special enough to have or even breathe the same air as you. I will have you; some way I will.

"Is that a threat, Eric? because, as far as I know, this stupid mark cannot be erased.

"That's what they told you. A vampire can erase it. Only if it's forced."

I can't believe him. Why am I in this supernatural shitstorm? I thought this was supposed to be modern life. I can't believe the person who wrote my story. How can they make me suffer so much? They must be suffering too. Inflict such pain on another person.

"Jessie Wong!, Don't you dare step another inch. Oh no, why him? I thought he left just a few hours ago.

"I thought we agreed on one thing. Yet here you are, ready to spread your legs for Eric. Such a slut."

Xavier Pov:

I held my face as I looked into Jessie's eyes. Which was filled with rage, and only then did I realize what I said. "I didn't mean to say that; my thoughts were clouded with jealousy. I'm sorry." Maybe I'll lose her again to this fool.

Eric, if you can get this thing removed, I'll give you what you've been craving for so long," Jessie said to Eric. My stomach turned. Well, I was disgusted at the thought of them being together.

"There's just one thing you need to know. If you go through with this, both of us will die.

"Maybe I do want us to die, just like how you killed me years ago, or should I say months ago? ONLY for you to bite me on my neck!" Jessie said. Her emotions were written all over her face.