Chapter six: So what?

Xavier POV: 

It's been six weeks trapped in this forest hole. I thought I was going to die in the accident. I felt cold; I couldn't feel my body; it was numb. I felt my heart racing like a horse while my nostrils were on fire.

My damn uncle's wife kidnapped me, who died years ago. I don't believe in ghosts. Until this woman told the nurse or doctor something and took me with her.

 She knocked me out before carrying me to the car. "Are you a mafia member or some type of witch? because I saw the car heading into the river. I tried to save you while your husband stood there." I asked her waking up.

"Well you can say that?" she said. "Which one, a mafia member or a witch?" "How about both?" She said smoking her cigar. It's a bit turn-off seeing women smoke but not her. She was like a badass; it was so cool.

"I'm just kidding; I faked your death because I wanted you to be on my side. There's a war coming, and I want you to be by my side to rule this empire while I'm gone." Maria said.

"Thanks for saving me, but I don't want to be in your mess; I'm leaving."  Her men and surrounded me like a thief. I wanted to see my Jessie; it's been such a long time and I want her. Feel and breath in her essance. 

"Slow down, tiger; you're not going anywhere; that little Jessie girl can't do anything for you. That's the main reason I had an affair with her father. 

To get her to hate you. But I guess that didn't work, so I faked your death." Maria said. Throwing the pictures of Jessie on the table.

"What about Eric? Are you going back to him? It seems like he's really into Jessie."

"That fool who can't last a minute in bed, Jessie's dad, could do at least two. Alright, get dressed; you'll be meeting your bodyguards." Maria said she was getting up.

I don't care about her personal life and I certainly don't care about what's she's doing in the bedroom.

 I got dressed and followed Maria into a dark room. A man and a woman were waitng for us there.  "These are you body guards." 

"They're my guards women!" "Don't be sexist, Xavier; she's not weak only in some areas. The fact is, she's the one who saved your life." Maria said, slapping Xavier on the shoulder.

"Now I would like to show you around; it's a big place, so keep up. This is where your office will be; you're working on the fiancees for my businesses of the guy who was killed."

"By who?" I asked; I need the job, which is not hard.

"By me, of course," Maria said, looking proud of herself. Proud of killing someone. She's such a bad influence, and she wants me to stay here with her. Hell no!

Everywhere I looked, I saw gold and silver. Well, it's a good thing she died and came back. Well, she faked it, so what does that mean?

"Ok, but why do you want to rule the empire? You're a young woman; you can have children. So why not do that?"

"Your uncle damaged it when I told him I was pregnant," Maria said, holding her stomach.