Chapter seventeen: I Knew it

Jessie Pov:

I've cried many nights. I wondered where I went wrong. Feeling the warm tears as they fall.

I promised myself to never cry over anyone again. I kept that promise.

Nothing feels as good as this. It's all over. I no longer smile when I hear your voice.

My heart doesn't ache when we're apart. Everything I've felt has dried up and died.

I no longer look back at what could have been. I'm happy; I've grown, loved, and lost.

Author's Pov

Xavier Howled, calling all the gang members, who were near and far. Everyone but Tom went to the location. Xavier let out an even more powerful howl.

Waking up Tom out of his deep sleep, both Chole and Tom ran out of the place they were staying and made their way to the car. Tom couldn't understand why the call was so powerful.

Why did Chole hear it?

"Calm down; you don't have to come with me," Tome said to Chole, but she couldn't leave. It was like her mind, body, and soul were pulling her closer to Tom.

Yet she could let him have his way. Her pride would hurt. "I'll come with me; I have unstable business with Jessie."

Arriving at the location, Xavier ran through the crowd, lifting Tom and slamming him on the ground.

The gang gasped. They have never seen Xavier show this anger before.

His body was glowing like an electric light. With eyes turning red. The woman who gave him his life back has died.

All because of Chole, who shared information about the clan.

"Are you dumb, Tom? You mated to this slut who killed the woman who took you and me in and raised you?"

Xavier said before slamming him on the ground again. Chole ran in between.

Earning a slap from Jessie, who was standing beside Xavier.

"Stay out of this! You've caused enough damage already."

Jessie's eyes were filled with fire, clenching her fist and breathing at a fast rate.

Chole could only hold her face, looking into Jessie's eyes that made no sympathy but rage.

"It's either you break the bond or you give up on the clan."

A man from the shadows appeared. Touching Chole's belly. "It's a heartbeat; if you break the bond now, she's dead."

"Let her die; who cares if you die anyway? As for you, Tom, I trusted you. Yet here you are planting your seed in this thing."

"Alpha, it's my mate. I had no choice but to claim her. Were you just like me when you claimed Luna? You were filled with fire. So did I. It consumed me. I will leave, because that is my child."

Xavier didn't feel anything until Chole spoke. Chole falls to her knees, crying.

"I am sorry; I was only jealous of Jessie and how everyone admired her. No one looked at me. No one, I beg you. Please do not turn your face away from Tom. He's a good man. I will leave but keep him. I am sorry, Jessie. "Please forgive Tom and me."

"I forgive you; I will not be your Luna Xavier. Find someone else, but not me. I need time to express this. Just give them a chance."

Jessie said, turning her action to the stairs. "Where do you think you're going? Everyone leaves, including you, Tom. You're no longer welcome in my mansion."

Xavier said as he grabbed Jessie's arm, leading her to their room.