Chapter five: Memory Loss

Eric POV: 

From the incident that happened two weeks ago. My mind constantly drifts to Jessie. I want her now so badly. I heard my phone ringing from the distance.

Picking up the phone, I was ordered to come to the hospital. There, I signed a few documents and made my way to my nephew's room in the hospital.

It serves him right; I always tell him to protect his big head.

"I'm sorry to inform you. But Xavier may suffer from memory loss.

 Had severe damage to his brain. His face is damaged beyond recognition," the doctor said. I held my breath. As my body reacted. Was I crying? Why was I crying?

But this is what I wanted to have Jessie for myself. She'll have no choice but to choose me, right?

Jessie POV: 

I still remember that night. I loved it. My world came crashing down when Eric called me to come to the hospital because Xavier was there.

 That was the fastest I've gotten ready. I'm scared; I've never seen a dead person before. I didn't even see my father's body.

Rushing into the hospital with shortness of breath My hands were shaking while my legs moved on their own.

My eyes were filled with tears as I saw his lifeless body covered by a cloth. Placing one foot forward, I tried to touch him. 

But Eric stopped me. How could he be so calm?" I said to myself.

Eric stood across.

Folding his arms and showing no emotions. Aren't they family? All of these thoughts floated around in my mind.

"This is a hospital; keep your voice down. I'm going through the same thing. You're too emotional for a woman." Eric said. I wish I could just shoot him in the leg.

"Wow! I can't believe you, so I'm overreacting?" I said. Pushing him aside. I'll get the doctor to find out what happens.

In truth, the doctor found me and explained what happened. 

"Doctor, if you said he might suffer memory loss, why am I seeing a dead body?" I said. How could this stupid man lie to me again? "Eric, is that true?", His head dropped, looking at the floor as if I didn't exist.

"That's how it's going, huh, Eric?" I said, running out of the hospital. I called my mother to come and pick me up. I couldn't be around Eric right now.

Ten minutes went by, and I saw my mother pull up with my uncle. Why is he here? Ever since Dad died, he's been way too close to Mom. It's a little suspicious.

"What are you doing here?" I said as soon as I got in the car. "Don't talk to him like that, Jessie", "Ok. What are you doing in my mother's car? Sir?" I said. 

"I was helping your mother at home to fix the bed. It was a little shaky", he said. Looking at my mom.

I know that look. Its desire and lust; those are the same eyes; a mafia boss looked at me once.

A/N☕: Hey guys, another chapter for you to enjoy. Thank you for reading!