Chapter fourteen

██████████ 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 🄵🄾🅄🅁🅃🄴🄴🄽

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

Callie was stood next to Liam holding a tin of beans, whilst he scooped them out with a spoon adding to the high tower of beans and toast everyone had made.

"What are you doing?" Tracy sniggered as she came into the kitchen.

"Making a tower." Liam told her. "What's it look like?"

Tracy looked at the group, still confused. "Okay, why?"

"You don't expect us to eat this rubbish, so you?" Sapphire asked in disgust.

"They keep giving us these horrible cheap beans." Carmen explained.

Callie nodded her head. "It's like they're trying to kill us."

"And I think you'll find they're past their sell-by." Tee informed her. Johnny made a sound of disgust.

"only by a few days." Tracy shrugged. "We've got to save money."

"I don't see you eating them." Callie raised an eyebrow. "Besides, is there not a better way to save money then trying to poison us?"

"Exactly, we've had no takeaways..." sapphire began.

"I couldn't go swimming!" Toby painfully added on.

"And no electrical time." Johnny huffed.

"Ok, ok." Tracy held her hands up stopping them from going on. "I know it's a little bit rubbish."

"Understatement of the century." Callie rolled her eyes.

Gus came in only a few seconds later in hysterics. "They cancelled my piano lessons! I always have piano lessons on a Wednesday! If I don't have piano lessons, then Wednesday won't work!" He began to hit his head.

Liam walked over to Tracy, his face serious. "Look me in the eye, Tracy Beaker... and tell me this is fair."

✧.*

"Burnywood?!" Liam exclaimed after Tracy had told them they might be moving to another care home.

"They can't do that!" Carman told her looking at her with wide eyes.

Tee looked at Tracy upset. "This is our home."'

Tracy looked at the group sympathetically. "That's why we need to make these cuts work."

"Nah don't get sucked in." Sapphire shook her head. "If they want to shut us down, they will. Doesn't matter how much money we save." She walked out.

"Saph, come back." Tracy called after her.

"I've done a stretch in Burnywood." Liam told them. "I'm not going back."

"Then help make it cheaper here, and you won't need to." Tracy told him. "And neither will anyone else."

"Look we can either sit back and allow them to take our home away, or we can do something about it." Callie stood up. "I don't know about the rest of you, but If I'm leaving here, I'm not going without a fight."