Chapter 6

After one of the most traumatizing trips of my life, I was finally out of Sebastian's lap and walking along the beautiful pristine corridors of the country club's hotel.

However, unfortunately for me, the very source of my trauma was still very much present and plodding along beside me down the corridor. Sparing another heated glare Sebastian's way, I internally winced, having painful flashbacks to all the unfiltered shit that had passed through his lips in the car.

Not only had he kept up his inappropriate comments for the entire car ride, but he'd even kept it going at the restaurant we'd stopped at too. So, to say I was lusting over the idea of killing him would be putting it lightly.

For once now, he was silent and seemed to be pretty engaged with letting his gaze wander all around the fancy décor lining the corridor. He'd been analyzing every square inch of the hotel ever since we got here. I was tempted to tease him about how dazed he was acting, but I immediately dismissed the idea, knowing I should by no means be encouraging Sebastian to talk. As once he started to talk, there was no real guaranteed way of getting him to shut up again.

My thought process was interrupted by the sound of a clearing throat. Looking up, I found Max and Lara, who had originally been walking ahead of us, smiling back at us with twin smiles. Or more accurately, suspicious smiles.

As Sebastian and I, simultaneously slowed down to a halt, I noticed that they were standing between the threshold of two hotel room doors.

"What's going on? Why are you guys standing there like idiots?" Sebastian blurted out before I had a chance to talk. I was about to laugh, but I quickly caught myself before I could. Sebastian Diaz did not deserve somebody to laugh at his jokes.

Stepping forward, Max cleared his throat while looking rather nervous. "Well...erm you see, I didn't actually know Sebastian was coming till this morning so-," my brother's eyes darted away a little as though fearing our response.

"So, what?" I snapped, my eyes narrowing.

Max let out an awkward laugh. "So that means the hotel was all booked out of single rooms. And, so, erm...you guys' kind of have to share a room now and-"

"Share a room!" I rushed out, my eyes widening to practically ten times their size. "No, no, no, you can't be serious right now. You can't," I explained with deep nervous laughter as I frantically scanned over both Max's and Lara's faces.

When I was only met with silence and their keen avoidance of eye contact, I knew they had completely screwed me over. Again.

I watched in confusion as Sebastian's eyebrows perked up a little in what was either surprise or amusement. Looking back and forth between Lara and Max, his eyes lit up with intrigue. "Phoebs and me, are sharing a bed?" he said, the edge of his lip twitching higher.

Feeling fear strike my heart, I froze, not even thinking of the possibility of having to share a bed with him. Before I had a chance to work myself up into a full-blown panic, Lara's eyes narrowed in on her brothers. "Gross, no, you idiot. You have separate twin beds. What do you take us for?" she scoffed, shaking her head at him.

Instant relief washed through my chest. Raising a grateful hand to my chest as I bowed down a little. "Oh thank fuck...," I whispered.

Sebastian's nose wrinkled in disinterest. Well, that's a lot less interesting, isn't it?" he mumbled, sounding slightly peeved off. "Well, whatever key me," Sebastian said, as he held out an expectant hand to his sister.

Rolling her eyes at her brother, Lara slipped one of the key cards out of her pocket and dumped it into his open palm. "Cheers," Sebastian nodded as he accepted the card. Then making his way to a door, he scanned it over the receiver, so it opened with a little resounding beep.