Chapter 33

My hand lay captured in Sebastian's lap for the entire rest of the movie. After the initial feelings of fluster had worn off, the feel of his large hand in mine had become oddly comforting. Once the movie had finally come to a close, I turned to him with a furrowed brow as I remembered something.

"How come you're still here. Aren't you late for your date?"

Sebastian paused before plucking up an amused brow. "So many questions about my date. Again, Phoebe, why so interested?" he probed, with a smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Not this again, I'm not jealous," I snapped. Sebastian's eyes shined merrily, "Umm, hmm, sure," he hummed unconvincingly.

Grabbing a cushion from behind me, I slapped the pillow against his face in spite. It didn't seem to do the trick in humbling him as he started laughing as soon as I pulled it away.

"And the violent kink returns," he teased. As I shot him a spiteful look, Sebastian just laughed and finally released my hand before climbing to his feet.

Watching him grab our dirty plates from the table, he walked his way back to the kitchen, likely to wash them up. First, he cooked me dinner, and now he was washing up for me– this kind of helpfulness from him was practically unheard of. What was he up to?

As I tried to wrap my mind around what kind of scheme he was planning, Sebastian returned back to the living room and stopped right before me. "Okay, get up, I know what we're doing next," he ordered.

I double-blinked at him. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, stand up," he repeated. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't you have a date to get to?"

Completely ignoring me, Sebastian let out a heavy sigh before bending down and grabbing hold of my arm so he could drag me up. "Woah, hey," I said as he started dragging me towards the direction of the door without a word of warning.

Sebastian just kept a firm grip on my arm while muttering something about how difficult I was.

As we headed toward the back doors of my house, I grew even more confused. Turning the key that was already sitting in the lock, Sebastian slid the patio doors open and pulled us out onto the decking.

Hit with the humid air from the late evening sun, I continued to stumble after Sebastian as he led me down the steps of my garden.

Leading me around past the glasshouses, we came to an abrupt stop just short of my garden pool.

Turning to him, I let out a light laugh. "And we're here because...," I asked slowly.

"Simple, Brooks because, we're going to swim," he said with a wink. Then without another word of warning, Sebastian started to pull off his jacket and kick off his trainers.

My eyes widened in alarm as he reached for the bottom of his t-shirt, and pulled it clean off his head, in a shockingly swift motion.

I was not at all prepared and swallowing hard, my eyes fell down to stare at his very naked, and very toned-looking chest. My eyes danced shamelessly and frantically up and down his long torso, watching each muscle flex and relax with perhaps a little too much intensity. I was just observing that's all, nothing more.

"The idea is that you strip too, and not just stare at me like a pervert," Sebastian teased, clearly noticing my lack of movement. Instantly thrown back into reality by the words 'Strip too', I swiftly snapped up my head with widened eyes.

"You want me to do what?" I repeated.

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "Relax, not strip naked, just to your underwear. But, I mean, I'm also cool if you want to strip naked as well," he explained with a smile, his eyes flicking quickly up and down my body. This did nothing to calm me, and I continued to eye him warily.