Chapter 61

Eight months later

"See, I told her, I wouldn't knock you up."

That was the blunt statement that passed through Sebastian's lips as he continued to drive his car down the freeway. And yes, he was finally driving a car of his actual own - a Mercedes specifically. After a lot of threatening, sexual bribery and eyelash flutters from me, I finally managed to convince him to bury his pride and let me buy him a car.

He was being so stupidly stubborn about it but like usual, I won in the end. It seemed to be a pattern in our relationship. Him saying no to something sensible, me 'accidentally' losing some clothes, then him saying yes.

Taking my attention briefly from staring out the window, I turned to him with a plucked-up brow and saw he was sporting a loose boastful smile. We were on the way home from college, and Sebastian had spent the past ten minutes bragging about how awesome he was for proving his mum wrong yet again, by not knocking me up.

In case it wasn't obvious, eight months of dating him had not even mildly changed him and Sebastian was still as Sebastian-like as ever.

With an amused smile, I took him in from head to toe and found myself getting mildly distracted by this small action. Sometimes I forgot how good he looked – with those stunning brown eyes and his overgrown black hair that spilled out across his forehead.

Remembering our conversation, I smiled. "You know, that's really not the bragging point you think it is," I laughed.

Sebastian scoffed. "I beg to differ. Now that Lara's pregnant, I think it's the perfect bragging point."

That was the other thing. Around eight months ago my brother had accidentally gotten Sebastian's sister pregnant. Yes, the same brother who had given me a fifteen-minute graphic safe sex talk and had bucketloads of condoms in his car. It turned out he needed the talk more than anyone. And now as a result of that, we were driving to my house so we could celebrate Max and Lara's baby shower slash engagement party.

"I still can't believe they're actually going to have a baby," I murmured to myself.

"Well, I can," Sebastian laughed. "Those two go at each other like animals! They might even be worse than Leon and Ava and that's saying a lot!"

Sebastian was right, that was indeed saying a lot. Since Sebastian shared a dorm room with Leon, and I shared one with Ava; it was pretty common for Sebastian to switch rooms with Ava for the night. And well... when it was time for Sebastian to return to his room in the morning, let's just say Leon and Ava weren't the best at anticipating when someone was coming.

Glancing down at my watch, I let out a frustrated sigh when I saw it was already a little after twelve.

"Great, we're going to be late now, because of what you did this morning?"

Sebastian's lips twitched into an amused smile, like the unsympathetic bastard he was, clearly not even feeling mildly embarrassed or regretful. The dickhead was genuinely proud of himself.

His eyes were practically shining now with joy as he likely thought back to this morning.

What happened this morning, you may ask? Well, I'd invited Sebastian over for breakfast in my block, and when I was in the middle of my shower, Sebastian in typical Sebastian style decided to let himself in.

And in case you were wondering, the door was locked; the pervert just turned the flat screw on the other side of the lock like he'd done before.

When I saw him, I assumed he was just going to steal my clothes again like an idiot, but he didn't. Instead, he sat on the edge of the bathtub and proceeded to shamelessly watch me shower while eating his toast and sipping on some orange juice. Just full-on watched with a neutral face, like I was his entertainment.