Chapter 54

The first emotion that consumed me, was confusion. How was I his first kiss? We never kissed when we were younger; I was sure of it.

"Me? Are you sure?" I mumbled in confusion as I stared at him blankly.

"Yeah you, and obviously I'm sure, I'm not stupid," Sebastian scoffed with light amusement dancing behind his eyes.

That's the point where Ava decided to look up at me in surprise. "You guys kissed when you were younger? You never told me that Phoebe?"

"We didn't!" I explained frantically, so confused about where all of this was coming from.

Blaire let out an ugly snort. "Are you sure this memory wasn't a dream, Sebastian? Because Phoebe certainly doesn't seem to remember this supposed childhood kiss?"

Leon, on the other hand, remained quiet and was looking off in awkward directions, seeming to know something everybody else didn't seem to quite understand.

"That's because it wasn't a childhood kiss. Phoebe kissed me yesterday night," Sebastian clarified with a shrug. "And technically this morning...," he added as a second thought. "-but that one was my fault."

Blaire choked on her spit. And I, on the other hand, went rigidly still in shock.

I was horrified for two reasons. One, because I had unknowingly stolen Sebastian's first kiss that he'd clearly been saving for someone, and two, because Sebastian had boldly and shamelessly just announced that I kissed him to our entire group of friends. And worst of all, one of those friends was Ava!

My heart raced like a maniac as I realized how truly fucked, I was after just telling Ava I had no feelings for Sebastian.

"Is that true...Phoebe...?" Ava asked slowly.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I shifted uncomfortably under the probing eyes of everyone in the room. "Well...erm, I...," I stuttered. "I...Sebastian, can I speak to you alone for a second?" I suddenly spat out.

Then without even waiting for a response from him, I rose quickly off the sofa and started marching toward the basement stairs with the assumption that he'd follow along behind me.

To my relief, I saw Sebastian get up from the corner of my eye and start to follow me.

Once we'd made it up the stairs, I scanned the corridor for somewhere private before finally just deciding on the bathroom. So, just like I'd done on Sebastian's birthday, I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him into the bathroom with me.

I quickly closed the door behind us and locked the door, not wanting us to be interrupted.

When I turned around, I saw Sebastian leaning against the shower door while looking me up and down with a humor-filled smile. "So, back in the bathroom, huh? Is this the part where you flash me your boobs again?" he teased

"Seriously?" I scoffed as I gave him a flat look. "But whatever," I said, shaking my head as I tried to bring my mind back to focus.

"Why the hell did you have to admit to everyone that I kissed you? Forfeiting was an option, Sebastian; you could have just taken the fucking shot," I snapped.

"Well, I don't like to drink," Sebastian explained with a simple and plain shrug as though this was a simple and logical explanation for essentially ruining my life.

"You don't like to-" I cut myself off to let out a disbelieving laugh. Suddenly, another thought jumped into my mind, and I turned back to him with narrowed eyes.

"You've got to be lying. There's no way that was your first kiss? It just can't be."

Sebastian quirked up a half-amused brow. "What makes you think I'm lying?