Chapter 21

"Phoebe," Sebastian called out again.

Ignoring him, I kept on pushing faster down the corridor while trying to hold back my tears. I would not cry about this.

Hearing his footsteps draw closer, I made a sharp turn at the end of the corridor and pushed my way into the girl's bathroom. It wasn't exactly like he could follow me in here.

Once in, I quickly checked all around, and let out a heavy sigh of relief when I realized all the stalls were empty.

As I leaned my back up against one of the walls to collect my thoughts, I suddenly heard a sharp succession of rapid knocks against the door.

"Phoebe, I know you're in there, can we just talk?" Sebastian called out through the door.

I stayed silent, having no desire whatsoever to talk to him about this.

"Phoebe, come on," he urged, knocking on the door harder once again.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Why would he not just go away?

"You know what, fuck it," Sebastian suddenly said. I stared at the door cautiously unsure what he was about to do.

That's when the door swung open. With widened eyes, I watched as Sebastian walked hesitantly into the room with a firm hand plastered over his eyes.

"No other girl is in here right and nobody's naked, right?" he said, as he made shuffling steps forward with his eyes still covered. He looked the definition of an idiot as he stumbled awkwardly through the space.

Still dumbfounded, I stared at his audacity-filled self up and down while struggling to form my words. "Sebastian, this is literally the girl's fucking bathroom. Get out," I cried.

"So...just to clarify you're alone, right?" Sebastian repeated. "And if you are alone, you're definitely not naked, right?" he asked, swallowing hard on his last sentence.

I blinked at him long, and hard, wondering if from the walk to the classroom to the bathroom he'd completely lost every one of his brain cells.

"You know, what Sebastian if it makes you leave, then yeah, I am naked," I answered flatly.

A second later, Sebastian's hand fell swiftly from his eyes, and he immediately started scanning me up and down. Then he frowned. "No, you're not," he muttered, sounding almost insulted.

"What the fuck? You would have looked if I was, you pervert?" I snapped, glaring at him.

Sebastian paused a little as though thinking, then just shrugged. "I can't help what I am," he said simply.

Shaking my head, I continued throwing him daggers with my eyes, pissed at him on multiple levels now.

"Look, can you just leave, I don't exactly need an additional rumour going around that I fucked you in the bathroom as well," I spat bitterly.

Sebastian's gaze fell a little, and a shadow of guilt glided through his eyes. He let out a sigh before meeting back my eyes. "Look, I had no idea you didn't want to sit next to me because of all the shit that was going around about us. That was horrible and-"

"How did they know I was in the locker room with you?" I said, interrupting him abruptly.

Sebastian paused on his words, and a look resemblant of hurt flashed through his eyes. "Wait...you can't seriously think I started the rumor, right?" he laughed, his voice wavering slightly.

"No, Sebastian, I can't possibly see why you would spread a rumor that has only seemed to have elevated you socially as some kind of locker-room sex god," I spat, the sarcasm dripping like venom from my tone.