0.1 Just Another Afternoon

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

Another afternoon spent walking home in the rain because none of your sibling's care if you make it home or not.

Honestly, I preferred the rain trickling down the back of my school shirt that was way too big for you because your siblings had handed it down to you as a gift for your 5th birthday.

I never received presents, rather necessities were given. I remember being extremely embarrassed when I saw little children with little pigtails in the hair that had ribbons tied to them while they had clean shoes.

I wasn't poor, rather neglected. I had no parents, just 16 siblings that hated me. I never understood why they hated me because they loved one another. I didn't look any different to them, rather people picked on me because of them.

They didn't know that. They didn't even know the day I was born or how old I was. Sometimes, the gifts they gave me could be weeks before or after my birthday. I don't think I've actually ever had a gift that was actually given to me on my birthday.

In my peripheral, I saw two black cars race down the road, splashing water on my already damp uniform. I wasn't scared nor annoyed.

I couldn't show my emotions to my siblings, but sometimes call for certain measures, where you have to let a tear slip in front of them. After all, they are supposed to love you.

But the two black cars that had raced down the street were my older brothers, Ares Anagnos, and Helios Loukanis. The reckless 23-year-olds of the household.

Yep, I was the one that pulled the two families together. And most people hated me for that at school. All the older girls swoon over me, giving me gifts and things so that they hope I can give them my brother's numbers.

Once, when I received my phone, I had all of my brother's numbers, so I gave this desperate girl Eros's number. When he found out about it, he tied me to a chair, forcing me to talk to the girl and apologize. To crush her dreams that she would ever get with one of my brothers.

As I reached the gates to the house, I didn't bother to take any notice of any of the cars that were wrapped in paper and had bows on tops or the few brightly coloured vehicles that were not normally in the driveway.

I should have noticed the poorer vehicles that were parked in the driveway, as they were waiting for me to get home. It was all because of a complaint by the school.

It was nothing unusual to have different vehicles in the front yard. It also wasn't unusual for cars to be wrapped as Apollo or Aphrodite had bought one of their siblings a new car.

Apollo Anagnos and Aphrodite Loukanis were my guardians. Not my brothers, just the people that had to make sure I had a bed to sleep in, something to eat and somewhere to shower and go to the toilet.