23. Worried

| Florence Colombo |

I had been sitting here for what felt like hours and hours, still wrapped in the blanket that I had brought with me in the car, as Leo and Leon had disappeared back down the hallway they had come down to meet us. They had told us to sit here and wait, but I was done waiting. 

I sound like a little kid that's in trouble, but I had just stopped feeling like my stomach was churning at every single thing that I looked at, and now I just wanted to go back home, and watch a movie with the boys. Ever since Fran and Enzo had gone out to wherever they had gone, and I had been sick, everything had been chaos. 

The eldest three had left without a note and then now we were here, sitting in the foyer of wherever they worked, waiting for them to come back and just tell us what the hell was going on. I hated this stupid waiting game. Who knew what could happen and when it could happen. 

I just wanted to almost go back to my old life, where none of this ever happened. But then I wouldn't have the best people of my life sitting next to me. In saying that, Enzo had surprisingly fallen asleep on the floor, with a pillow under his head and a bit of my blanket draping over his body. I swear this kid could sleep anywhere at anytime. 

But he needed the sleep. He really did need it and you could tell. From what I could see, wherever he had been with Fran, he had been knocked around quiet a bit. He never held anything in his left hand, only his right. His left hand was strapped, or wrapped in something from what I could see. When he moved his jumper around his shoulders the other day, which if I have to say, looked like I didn't quiet fit anymore, and there was some bruises on his shoulders. 

I didn't want to say anything, but I was really, truly worried about what had happened. He didn't need anything else in his life to go wrong. He deserved the world, or at least whatever there was left of the world that we were living in with the people that are around us like his dad. I mean, he's my dad too, but he never felt like it. 

I really hope Enzo had a good life or something good with his mom. He deserves a good parental figure, and I really hope that he is okay. "Flo?" a voice questioned, as I hadn't realized that someone had walked into the room. I was too occupied with looking down and making sure that Enzo was okay, and that he was still breathing that I hadn't seen anyone come in. 

Nico had fallen asleep on the front desk, while Stefano was lying on the other couch, with his eyes closed or he could have been asleep, while Fran was working on something over on some of the other benches. Stefano had told me that Elijah would be coming in soon, but he hadn't, and that was a bit worrying as well. 

So, as I looked up, I saw Leon was waiting for me to look him in the eye. "Yeah?" I muttered, just above a whisper, as I didn't want to wake my brothers or Stefano up. They all needed sleep. "Come with me" he said, looking down at Enzo with a small smile on his face, before he was looking back up at me, half turned back to where he had come from, I presumed.