04. Presumed Dead

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

"I should get going" I murmured, as I lifted my head up from where it had been laying on Elijah's shoulder. We had decided to take a rest in his room, as he grabbed a book and just started to read once again. 

It was for the best, as neither one of us wanted to talk about what had happened in not only the room we had met in, but when my brother called me a slut. 

I was just so done with tonight, all together. 

"Should I get someone to drop you home or do you want to go home with your brothers?" he questioned, immediately dropping his book and sitting up. I would be surprised if he ever finished a book. "After these parties, I just go to a friend of mines, so I'll get a ride that way" 

Phoenix always made one of his brothers drive him to pick me up from these parties, because he knew. He had experienced my brothers and sisters after one of these parties, and it was ugly, to say the least.

"Well at least let me walk you to the door then" he got up, wrapping his fingers with mine, as we walked out of his bedroom, and back down the same hallway I had walked down what felt like hours ago now. 

I sluggishly walked behind Elijah, as he walked around his house with, not quiet pride, but a confidence that I definitely did not have. 

We walked the rest of the way down the stairs and towards the front door, in complete silence. He even opened the door for me and waited with me in the cold. 

"Take my blazer" I hadn't noticed that he had undone his blazer and was now holding it out to me. When I didn't take it immediately, he draped it over my shoulders, allowing me to slip my skinny, scrawny arms through the arms that were many sizes too big. 

"Thank you" I whispered, smiling at the kind gesture. I needed someone like this to stay in my life forever. "While I think of it, can I get your number? So we can meet again" Elijah rambled on, which forced a giggle out of me, which increased when I noticed that his cheeks had tinged a light pink. 

"Sure" I handed him my phone so that he could find my number and put his number in my phone. Just as he gave me my phone bac, Phoenix's older brothers car entered the driveway. 

"Thank you for a wonderful night" I then did the unimaginable and hugged Elijah, who hugged me back even tighter. "Also, here" I went to give his blazer back, but he gently forced it back onto my shoulders and stepped away. 

"Goodnight Tahlia" he then stood near the door, watching me get in the car. "Goodnight Elijah" I shouted through the window before the car drove away. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face, as the car drove back down the driveway.