13. Just End Me Already

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

I awoke, jolting upright, as I smacked my pounding forehead into someone else's. I grabbed my forehead in a futile attempt to take the pain away, but to no avail, did it work. I groaned as a bright light appeared right in my face, making everything ten times worse.

"Can you go away for a second?" I heard someone say, which just increased the ringing in my ears, ten fold. I just wanted everything and everyone to go away so that I could be at peace with the silence around me. 

"Flo, you need to calm down" I knew this person wasn't Lorenzo, the person I had fallen asleep too; the same person that I was really wanting to be held by now. "I can't" I cried out, my throat burning in pain from the lack of use. 

I couldn't calm down. "Flo, look at me" my chin was then directed into someone's eyes, making me look into the eyes of someone I couldn't quite see through my hazy vision. "Look at me" he said again, but there was no where else I could look but him. 

"Take a breath" and I did just that, as his demanding voice instructed me to do so. The tears continued to stream down my face as I used everything within my will power to just breathe, in and out. To just breathe. 

Once I had slowed down my breathing, I collapsed into his front, feeling protective arms wrap around my body. "Your alright" he murmured, as I felt his lips on the top of my head. I was alright. 

"Leon?" I questioned, my voice shaky with apprehension of the question I was going to ask. I needed an answer, the truth. "Yeah, Flo?" concern dripped in his tone, as I continued with asking my question. 

"Were you the man that saved me from my brothers when I was dressed up by my siblings? It was the second time, and I remember being carried away from my brothers grip. I remember you

That night, was a constant reminder of what my siblings did to me; what they were capable of doing to me. So, as I anticipated his answer, the guilt and terror drew in my stomach. What happens if it wasn't him? He had said his name was Leon. 

"Yes, it was me. That was how I knew where you lived, where to find you" now, his words really made me think. If he knew everything that was going on and where I was, why didn't he save me sooner? 

"If you knew, why didn't you-" before I could finish my sentence, the door burst open, revealing a heaving Lorenzo and Elijah, who slammed the door shut behind themselves. "What have you boys done now?" Leon pulled me back into his chest, as I melted like chocolate into his embrace. 

I felt warm all over just by him holding me. "nothing" the two of them muttered, trying to make as little noise while they walked over to the chairs on either side of my bed. "please tell me you haven't brought a heap of unhealthy snacks from home?" 

Both of the expressions on their faces said it all. They had done exactly what they must have been told not to do. "Seriously" was all Leon said, while the two of them lifted both of their hoodies to reveal so many foods that I had never seen in my life. 

"We thought that Florence might want something other than the mush that the hospital is giving. Like I wouldn't eat it even if you force fed me" Elijah muttered, looking less guilty that he had tried to explain his reasoning, but it just made it all worse. He was just digging an even bigger hole. 

"I can't believe the two of you" was all Leonidas said, pulling me even closer. "We were just trying to help, after her reaction to what the doctor said yesterday, so maybe if we brought her some of our comfort foods, she wouldn't have to have it done" 

Even though Enzo wasn't openly hinting at it. "You know you can just say it. I have to get a feeding tube, so just say it" I murmured, no emotion showing through my words. It was the truth. 

I was below the average weight of a 10 year old, when I was 14 nearing the age of 15. I needed a feeding tube so that I would be able to get all the nutrients I needed because looking at food made me want to vomit. 

The thought of food just sounded revolting to me, but I will give it to them. They were trying to make my experience more bearable. "I'm sorry Flo" Enzo came and wrapped his arms around Leon and I. 

I knew exactly what he meant. He was sorry that he wasn't the one having to have the feeding tube; he was sorry that he wasn't the one that was in my position. He was sorry because he was more than healthy while I was the exact opposite of him. 

He had healthy hair, broad shoulders, long legs and torso; he was the epitome of health, why I, on the other hand, was beyond being called skinny and scrawny while my skin was of a pale complexion. It was surprising to think that the two of us were of full DNA. 

To the naked eye, you wouldn't think we were related, but we had the same eyes, mouth, and nose that was doted with freckles that were barely visible unless you were looking hard enough for them. 

"Don't be sorry. I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone else. Plus, you saved me when I was on my breaking point" just as I finished, the door opened, revealing my three other older brothers and father. 

"How's the patient?" Nicolo questioned, as he sat down on top of Lorenzo, whom had sat back down in his chair. Enzo groaned at the extra weight, but Nicolo made no movement to stop his torture on Enzo. "Get off me, you fatso" 

"Do not call me fat. I am well fed and I love my cake" Nicolo felt the need to add the part about loving cake on the end. I didn't see why it was any relevance, but I just giggled. "Flo, you agree with me?" Nic looked right at me, as I couldn't help the few giggles that left my lips. 

Everyone stared at me, while I just shrugged my shoulders before burying my face in Leon's chest, causing him to erupt into laughter. My cheeks flushed an even brighter red, while I continued to hide myself even further in Leon's arms. 

"Not funny" I could hear the pout dripping from Nic's words, causing everyone else in the room to erupt in laughter. 

Maybe these boys were actually helping me fight for my own life. 

---

thoughts? xx

thoughts? xx

Sorry for the short chapter, didn't really know what else to write.