22. Safety

| Florence Colombo |

I felt like a small child, being wrapped in a hoodie then a spare jacket, while I had still clutched onto the blanket, as I was pushed into a van. Enzo was beside me, as I clutched onto his hand, just needing to feel and know that he was still here, sitting next to me. Nothing had happened yet, and we were still together. 

Neither Nico or Stefano had said a thing to either of us about what was happening, or why Stefano had had to change out of his clothes that I had seen have blood on them. We were just having to go with the flow with these two, as I knew that they knew more than they would ever tell us. They wanted to protect us, and I get that, but it worried me that I didn't know a thing about what was going on. 

Maybe, just maybe, if they told me a fraction of what they knew, then the feeling in my stomach could disappear. It had, but now it was back with raging force, and coupled with being sick just a day or two ago, did not help. It didn't help that I didn't have Leo helping me, and making sure that I didn't feel bad for being sick on the floor. 

I hadn't heard anyone speak about Fran, and that thought hurt. Maybe something had happened to him that they didn't want to tell us, but I just didn't get what had happened to Stefano. He was sitting on the passenger seat, continuing to talk to Nico as he drove us to wherever we were going. 

My leg was bouncing up and down, as I looked out the window, before realizing that everything looked scary. From the dark clouds that were rolling in, to the trees that were moving in the wind. I had never been this scared, but for some reason, being with these boys, it brought out all of my emotions that I never knew someone like me could have. 

From being able to cry to being happy then worried within a few days, it had all happened. These boys had done that for me. They had made me feel and know what its like to be able to express yourself, instead of having to shove everything about yourself down into a small hole, so that no one can ever find you, or who you even are.

An arm made it around my shoulders, as I was pulled down into someone's lap, as I knew Enzo's hand was running through my hair, trying to calm me down. I knew that I couldn't calm down until that I knew Leo and Leon were standing on their two feet, nothing wrong with them, and that nothing had ever happened; we hadn't been like this. 

This didn't feel like them. Just getting up and disappearing into the night, without a note or even a message. Fran wasn't even around either. I knew the two of us were rocky with one another, as I felt like I was always walking on egg shells around him, but he was my brother and I was his little sister, so I deserved to know that he was okay. 

They all had to be okay. If I knew that they were okay, then I would be okay. Them being okay would soothe whatever was happening in my mind. I would be at peace for once. "Hello?" a voice sounded through a phone, making me sit up quickly, which was the worst idea I had had. Everything around me spun, as I clutched my head for a second.