12. The Life I Live

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

"They're gone. Your safe" Lorenzo mumbled from beneath me, as I was laying on his left side, but I had turned so my head could rest comfortably on his chest but I could also stare at whatever happened to that door. 

I didn't feel like they were gone or that I was actually safe. I had never been safe in my own house, so what made this hospital safe? 

What I didn't know was the fact that Lorenz's fingers running through my messy, dirty hair, were making me drift in and out of reality before my eyes shut themselves down for a much needed sleep.

---

- Flashback 1 - 

6 year old Thalia 

"The little girl has arrived home for her treat"  I shivered at the word treat. They used that same word last time, and it made me cringe. I was just six and my own siblings couldn't be bothered to play dolls with me. Like I had dolls in the first place. 

I felt like a rag doll to them all the time these days. "How about we dress her up before hand?" I thought sisters were supposed to band together; to understand one another when your brothers couldn't. 

"I think that would be perfect. I reckon we do pig tails this time, before putting her in her costume then we let them see her" I didn't like the words they were using. I would be wearing a costume, again. 

Costumes were supposed to be for parties or when you go trick or treating. I had never been trick or treating, but I had seen all the other little girls going while I sat in the corner of our block, looking through the fence at them. 

"Come on, sweetheart" I hated that name. I shakily shrugged my bag off, reaching out to grab Athena's hand, as she yanked on my tiny arm, while we went down to the basement instead of upstairs like last time. 

I hated it down here. This was where all of their fun happened, whether it be gross or for me to entertain not only them, but their business partners. I felt disgusted in myself. I didn't want to leave my bedroom after they did whatever they had to with me down here. 

"Sit" I didn't even get a chance to move on my own as I was put back down onto the uncomfortable chair that smelt like it had been rotting down here for years. I mean, I bet it had been.

I couldn't move an inch as my sisters all started working on my hair and face, as I saw one of them bring out a dress that I knew would barely cover anything on my body. 

I knew that I shouldn't know what it felt like to wear the bare minimum, as I knew most girls were wearing long sleeve shirts and long pants in the winter, but I was always made wear something so small. I slipped it on none the less, before sitting myself back down in the chair.