03. Love at First Sight

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

I was not surprised by the sight before me.

Women dressed in long dresses that covered nothing but the back of their legs, while men were clutching onto their arms, as if they were desperate to keep their woman in place.

Something I just shouldn't have seen, so I scurried away from the sight in front of me, which was kind of easy when you have taller brothers with large backs. They work out, so it is useful for something.

But not unless a women steps back, hoping to get your brothers attention, but rather pushes you into your brother, whom you were trying to stand close to, but not close enough to touch.

"What do you want?" Alexander sneered at me in a threatening whisper. It just sent shivers down my already cold back as the dress that was chosen for me was bare back.

"Nothing" I whispered, keeping my voice light and soft, just how they liked it, as I moved away from all of my siblings. Maybe this would be my chance that they could forget that they ever had a little sister.

Maybe I could go home with someone else or not even go home at all. Run away, even. But its all just in my imagination.

"What are you doing in here?" a quiet, timid voice asked, as I closed the door to the room I had slipped into. I froze, not daring to turn around to look at this new person. I didn't realize that it was more than one person at first.

"Umm, just trying to escape" my siblings, I wanted to add, but I didn't bother. Why tell a person that barely knows you what your life is actually like when you can create a fake idea in their mind, while you live the truth.

"Oh ok" the person responded and turned back to whatever they were doing. The room had been encased in silence, so I turned around, daring to look at this new person.

He looked tall as his legs were quite long and hung off the end of the sofa, while he had brown hair that was a little fluffy and had been cut into curtains. I couldn't quiet see the color of his eyes from here, but they looked quiet dark.

He had a book in hand, which I could see a few rings were covering the title, as he had one earphone in his ear. He was the complete opposite to Phoenix, who would not be caught dead reading a book.

Phoenix would rather wear a leather jacket and black ripped jeans with a chain hanging from them. When he gets his license, he will be driving a motorcycle, no doubt.

"What?" he questioned, as I just continued to stand there. I had torn my gaze away from him as soon as he had spoken, so that he wouldn't catch me staring. The room was quiet entrancing, honestly.

It looked like an old ballroom had been transformed into a library. "Nothing" I murmured, using my left hand to rub up and down my right arm. I did this whenever I was uncomfortable or could feel someone else staring at me.