08. Exhausted and Nauseous

- Thalia Anagnos - Loukanis - 

I had officially made it out of the house this morning, but I dreaded going to school. There was a high chance that Phoenix wouldn't be there today, which meant that I would have to hide in some closet or the toilets at lunch. 

And it meant that I would be walking to school on my own, like usual. 

But that wasn't what made my stomach do somersaults or my hands start to shake from nerves. 

No, it was the fact that I would be facing Lorenzo and Elijah with the rest of our group for the assignment today. I had business first up too, which made everything ten times worse. 

This week had really just gone to shit at this point. 

"Fl- Thalia?" a voice called from the near distance, but I just pretended that I didn't hear him. I didn't want to hear his voice at all. I wanted to be so far removed from this conversation, that I felt the bile rise in my throat. 

I felt so sick I didn't even notice the way that he had slipped up on my name. "Thalia? Are you alright?" a hand landed right on a fresh wound in the center of my back, making me flinch. I just hope he thinks I flinched from surprise. 

"Yeah" I wheezed out, trying to swallow the bile. I had somehow doubled over, clutching my stomach. No, it was not that time of month. I hadn't even gotten that yet. "You don't look it" I never look in the mirror, so terrified to see someone I'm not. 

"Mhm" I managed out, before I had the chance to say anything more, I was moving towards the nearest garden, which was probably still on my siblings property, as I emptied the contents of my stomach, which I figured would be nothing.

I hadn't eaten anything for dinner, let alone anything more than the sandwich Nix had given me at lunch yesterday. I hadn't bothered to grab anything before I left, not wanting to get caught. 

I felt someone tie my hair up on the top of my head rather than on my neck, as they then patted my back. I had a feeling it wasn't Lorenzo whom I was speaking too earlier. 

"There, there" I was then handed a plastic water bottle, which I used to wash my mouth out, before taking a sip. "Thanks" I croaked out, my voice still a little hoarse from my vomiting. 

I can't believe I had vomited in front of the people I just met a few days ago. That was so embarrassing, that I could feel the second hand embarrassment. 

"Sorry" I said, feeling the need to say it. I always said it. "Let's get you home" panic immediately arose, making me want to turn back to the garden to empty out whatever was left, but it wasn't because of my lack of food. 

"No, no, please don't take me home. Just no" I grabbed onto the man's arm, who I believe his name was Fran, making him halt his movements. He looked into my eyes that were clearly showcasing my panic. 

 "Why not?" he questioned. I knew he was going to ask this, and I didn't have a reliable reason as to why I didn't want to just walk back up my driveway. "I have an assignment to work on at school and I don't have anyone at home" it was basically the truth. 

In all reality, I didn't have anyone at home. I did have siblings, but I didn't want to bother them and they would want me as far away from them as possible. I also did have an assignment I had to work on. 

"We can go back to mine now to work on it. Elijah can come with because the others won't be any help at all" Lorenzo spoke up, taking a step closer, as I nearly took one back. 

"It's fine-" I was about to continue, but all of a sudden, a rush of exhaustion and nauseousness hit me, and I could barely keep myself upright. 

"It's not fine" Fran grabbed onto my forearms, but I don't think there was anything he could do. I was too far gone, as the black dots clouded my vision.

"You don't understand" were my last words before I think I lost consciousness. 

--- 

- Lorenzo Colombo - 

- Lorenzo Colombo - 

I watched as she lost all strength to hold onto Fran's arms, as he grabbed her before her knees could buckle. "We need to take her to the hospital" I rushed over to help grab her body that was slipping out of Fran's hold.

"Get her to the car, I need to call Dad" and with that, I scooped her up bridal style. She was as light as a feather in my arms, making me sick to my stomach with worry. What had they done to you sorellina

By the looks and feel of it, they had done everything but care for her. "What the-" Nicolo went to say, but from the sight of our sorellina, he immediately shut up. This morning, Stefano had decided to stay home, which meant we had taken a smaller car, leaving Elijah and I in the back with Thalia, oh well Florence, as Nicolo sat in the front. 

Leonidas, my father and Leo had explained the whole plan they had for getting Florence back in our care, but this, this threw the whole plan to shit. I knew that Thalia was my sister from the minuet I had seen her yesterday morning in the car. 

I place Thalia beside Elijah, as she immediately fell into his arms, which he took with so much tender care, it was like he had held her before. I knew he had held her as a baby, but this, this was something different. 

I just assumed that it would have been that she may have bumped into him at the party and he had to catch her in his arms or something. That sounds so book worthy. So cliché. 

Fran climbed back into the front seat, pulling right out of where we had stopped, and sped off down the road, to the nearest hospital. 

Don't worry Florence, we will save you. 

---

short chapter, but had to keep it short as I couldn't add it all in this chapter yet, but I hope this is alright

short chapter, but had to keep it short as I couldn't add it all in this chapter yet, but I hope this is alright. I wrote it in record timing. lmk! xx