06. Starching Similarities

- Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis - 

The final bell of the day rang, making my heart clench in agony. 

I had promised Elijah, over text, that I would ride back with them to Enzo's house, to work on the assignment. Phoenix was welcome for the ride home, but he had a ride already, which meant I would be going home with not only Elijah and Enzo with their brothers, but the three other people of my group. 

The ones that had surely spoken about me at lunch, after I had left their table. 

I wouldn't doubt it. They would have spoken about me and my siblings, thinking that we were really close, and that I was the dumbest, and that- "Tahlia?" a voice stopped my thoughts from endlessly running around my head. 

I felt the hands on my shoulders, pressing into my old scars, but I didn't dare look up at the person I had crashed into. "Yeah?" I meekly spoke, keeping my eyes down at my shoes and the person I had walked right into. 

"Heard you're coming to ours this afternoon" Nicolo then turned my body, slinging his arm around my shoulders so that the two of fell into step as we walked towards the doorway of the school. 

The same doors that I had walked in through with Nicolo behind me. 

Which meant that all the stares were on me this morning, and now they were again, with people hiding behind their hands, as they gossiped about me even more. 

Why, oh why, did I have to crash into the one and only Nicolo Colombo, one of the bad boys of our school?

"Yeah" I murmured, leaning slightly out of Nicolo's hold, but he just held on tighter, rather pulling me back into him. There was no way I could potentially run home. "Hey!" I heard a voice shout, coming from the direction of a similar car that we had driven here in. 

"What is she doing?" I didn't realize that more people had gathered around the vehicle. "Just leaving" I then maneuvered under Nicolo's arm, and running away from the entire group. 

I ran from the group and out the gate, noticing one of my brothers cars entering the campus. Just fucking great. "Tahlia!" a voice shouted, but I didn't slow down or turn to look back, I just kept running. 

I kept running, even as I felt my lungs collapse from the lack of oxygen they were getting, but I didn't care. I had no care other than to run away from the rich people of my school. They had made my stomach turn from the day I had walked into high school, but now, they made me hold back a gag as they sucked each other's faces off. 

Before I knew it, my body fell to the ground, but not by choice. Rather, by force.

"I thought you wouldn't stop running" the person that had body slammed me to the ground, spoke with a huff in his voice. "Well, I have places to be" I spoke, pushing him off me as I stood up, brushing off the dirt and dust.