21. Fighting Love

| Florence Colombo |

I had awoken about an hour ago, to a silent house, while the TV in the living room was still playing like it had been for hours prior. I hated how quiet it was, and I didn't like falling asleep knowing that people had been with me, then waking up without them. 

Over the past three weeks, I had grown attached to these boys, and now, it felt weird not knowing where one of them was. The sun had set hours ago, and all I could see was pitch black outside, making my fears come creeping right into my heart. I had forced my body into the corner furthest away from any of the windows, and I had sunk down into the couch so no one that creeped up from behind would know that I was here. 

My cracked phone was sitting in my lap, while my legs were tucked up to my chest, squeezing it so I could still feel something, even though my body was shivering on the inside. I knew that the boys weren't sleeping, as the lights were all still on downstairs, but it felt weird. I had an uneasy feeling settled in my stomach about all of this. 

Standing up, I felt my stomach start to twist and turn, while I slipped my cracked phone into the pocket of my hoodie. I had made the decision to go and find one of the boys, cause surely one of them was still home. They had to be home, they would not leave me home alone, surely. They hadn't left me alone, even when I had gone back to the other house with the people I used to call family, they still drove past and picked me up. 

Slowly walking, I made it out of the living room, taking not of the way that both Leon's and Leo's jackets were missing from the hook that they usually rest on. I had grown to notice that all of the boys had dark coats that usually went over the older boy's suit jackets, or over Nico or Enzo's hoodies whenever we were going out as a family, which was not often. 

I took a glance around me, before walking up the stairs, trying to keep my pace fast, while I tried to keep my steps quiet. I felt awful and uneasy about being alone. I don't know what it was. Just something in the air felt uneasy and I didn't like anything about it especially now that I knew that both Leo and Leon weren't home yet. 

Finally making it to the top of the stairs, I took a glance around the hallways that were deathly quiet. The lights were off towards the right, where I knew was just spare bedrooms, or so I assumed that they were. I turned to the left, vaguely remembering where my bedroom was situated. Very little time had been spent in there. 

Walking down the hallway, there was two bedrooms that I could see the lights on underneath the closed doors, so I knocked on the first one, hoping that someone was actually in there. When there was no sound from the other side of the door, I took a glance behind me, before knocking on the door louder and faster, really wanting to get in there. 

I didn't want to be out here by myself anymore. I didn't like the feeling that was creeping up my back, by having my back turned to where I knew the dark was. All of a sudden, the door swung open, making me take in a breath that I had been needing. "Flo? What's up?" clearly he could see my distressed look, as he immediately pulled me into the room, before shutting the door behind me.