Chapter 6: Nightmarishly Wonderful

a/n: i would just like to say that i love this gif and that this is a very long chapter

"I have nothing left in me," you whispered, sitting backstage, watching Harvey muse through some costume choices for you.

The concert had been a dream — a fucking dream. They'd been so captivating, it was even better to experience in person, the vocals, the music, the everything. You'd been utterly stunned by it all, although you had been slightly concerned when Gerard decided to stick his hand down his pants on stage; you'd had a peek at Mikey during that bit, and had found the poor man to be looking away in apparent embarrassment.

"It was a good show," Harvey agreed, as he took out a large black jacket, and sized it up against you. "But you're on in a bit, so we've got to get you prepped."

His words barely registered, you were still stuck on what had happened before. Near the end of the concert, Ray had spotted you; he'd then waved, momentarily, right at you, and you'd just about worked up the courage to wave stiffly back. The other band members didn't seem to notice, too caught up in their music, but it was still a fantastic moment that you wouldn't be forgetting any time soon.

"... hello?!" Harvey flapped a hand in front of your face, to gain your attention, "Wake up! You're performing in half an hour!"

"Do I have to?" you asked tiredly, rubbing the back of your neck, "Can't I just say I threw up and can't sing?" you joked.

"We would get an angry mob stampede," your manager dismissed, and you felt yourself shudder at the thought. "Anyway — what do you think about this jacket? The colour goes with your hair."

"I don't know," you mumbled, letting your forehead hit the table in front of you with a thump. "I really have no idea."

"Look, I get that you're tired, but first nights are the ones where you need to make an impression," Harvey scolded, giving your shoulder a shake. "You need to do something memorable."

You groaned, "I don't know, why don't I just go on stage in a clown outfit? Seeing as I am one," you scoffed.

Then you stopped. You looked at Harvey slowly.

"Hold on. Do you have a massive trench coat and someone that can make me look like the Joker?"

He became pale, "You're joking — you're not actually going to—"

"Yeah, I'm going to," you replied casually, standing up in order to look through the clothes yourself. "Might as well, right? It'll be memorable, like you said."

"Yeah, I guess," Harvey conceded, with a wince, "but are you sure you wanna do this?"

"Society made me do this," you responded, laughing to yourself at the reference; the fact that Harvey had no idea why it was funny, since Joker wouldn't come out till 2019, made it even better.