Chapter 27: INTERLUDE

Your mind could only think of his mouth, that had kissed your lips so many times you felt dizzy

Your mind could only think of his mouth, that had kissed your lips so many times you felt dizzy. Your body was hot, burning like a livewire, with every electrifying touch that he left on you, marking you with just a brush.

His eyes were looking at you constantly, adoringly, like he'd found something indescribably beautiful. His fingers traced every angle and curve you had, he pressed his bare skin against yours, he wanted you completely, with every imperfection that marred you.

"You're beautiful," he said; he said it over, and over, and over.

You didn't believe it, but if he believed it for you, that was enough.

He kissed your scars, he tidied your hair, he whispered sweet somethings in your ear.

He told you, "It takes strength to be gentle and kind, which is something you do so well."

You didn't believe it, but if he believed it for you, that was enough.

He asked, as you lay side by side, if you loved him. You told him, in a furious fit of passionate rage, that he meant more to you than anything ever would in your life again, and that he had no clue of what he did to you. He had no idea, not even the slightest notion, of how much you felt for him, how much you wanted him.

You said that he made you sick, disgustingly, violently, awfully sick. Lovesick.

He paused, letting you catch your breath, before he kissed you, to soothe your righteous anger, and to drown out your words with his mouth, taking them in so he could have them all to himself.

"I adore you," he told you, the sentence pressed against your lips in a doting promise, "you make me so happy."

You began to believe what he said for yourself.