Chapter 37: Should've Known Better

Four whole months

Four whole months. Four months of you two being together.

As you approached the new year rapidly, you'd been on two tours, one with MCR from the beginning of October to the end of November, and one by yourself, with MyChem going on a separate one. You'd reunited with Harvey for the trip, and you had genuinely half-forgotten just how helpful and grounding the man was. You and Gerard had called every night, and now you found yourself back at home for the 30th of December, on the verge of 2008.

It had been a long, long time since you'd been somewhere solid, though you had to admit you'd had fun. You'd been to Britain, France, Germany, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Ukraine and even fucking Finland, and honestly? The experience had been mind-blowing. You had never really left the states before you became a musician, and now you got to go to all of these amazing countries, it was overwhelming in the best way possible.

So now, you were finally back at your apartment, having just gotten off the flight home, and was ready to pass the fuck out. However, you knew you had to let Gerard know that you were back, since he'd want to see you quickly, so you dialled his number casually, as you lay on your bed.

"Hey," you slurred tiredly, when he picked up.

"Hey, how are you? Are you back already?" his excited tone made you smile.

"Yeah, 'm really fucking tired though," you mumbled, rubbing your eyes.

"Okay, well go to sleep," he soothed.

"But I wanna talk with you for a bit," you argued, despite letting out a massive yawn.

He chuckled softly at your stubbornness, "Darling, if you're tired, you need to get some sleep."

"Sleep is for the weak, I am an agent of the devil who never rests," you replied drowsily.

Gerard audibly stifled a loud snort of amusement, "Whatever you say, baby. Is it alright if I drop by in the morning? I can make you breakfast then."

"Hmm? Oh, that'd be lovely," you slurred, losing consciousness pretty fast. "Do you have a key? Or are you gonna break in?"

"Sugar, you gave me a key to your apartment before you left, so that when I got back before you I could keep the house in order. Remember?"

"Oh, I did do that!" you exclaimed in realisation. He giggled, and you frowned, "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, s'just funny when you're tired," Gerard explained. "You sound a bit drunk, to be honest — even though you're not."

"I am not drunk," you declared shortly. "I am just tired, and when I'm tired, I become kinda stupid. I run my mouth, that's all."

"That's what I'm saying," he assured. "And if you are tired, then maybe consider, I don't know... sleeping?" he tried hopefully.