Chapter 8: Procrastination Problems

The ride to the hotel was relatively quiet, with you lying on your bed reading a book you'd packed for the tour, and Harvey sitting at the table, completing some managerial duties

The ride to the hotel was relatively quiet, with you lying on your bed reading a book you'd packed for the tour, and Harvey sitting at the table, completing some managerial duties. By the time you arrived at the place, it was around ten at night, and you barely remembered getting your room key, before you passed out on the bed, exhausted by the day.

Your dreams were filled with weird visions of MCR, particularly one where they all dressed up in Batman outfits and performed Na Na Na; a song they hadn't even composed yet.

You were awoken by the sound of thumping on your door, which made you groan aloud, and roll over on your mattress. Patting around, you tried to see where your phone was, before pulling it off the table beside you, and glaring at the time on the screen; it was around ten in the morning, so you'd slept for around 12 hours. Somehow, it didn't feel like enough, so you sighed miserably at the revelation.

"I'm coming, give me a minute!" you called out in irritation, to make the incessant knocking cease. Throwing your duvet over your head, and wrapping it around yourself like you were a nun, you waddled over to the source of the noise, grumbling to yourself about how you never wanted to wake up again.

On the other side of the wood, you found Harvey, who looked visibly concerned. "You've been sleeping for ages," he said pointedly, "it's not healthy."

"Okay, and?" you replied moodily.

"Hey — don't start giving me attitude," he scolded, "I came up here to take your order for breakfast. Y'know everyone else is up, right? I've been up since seven. You've just been out cold, I swear some of them might think you're dead at this point."

"Who even is this 'them' you speak of?" you grumbled, taking the menu begrudgingly that he was holding out to you.

"All of the bands," Harvey explained mutely, "they've been swapping in and out of each other's rooms and socialising."

"Good for them," you scoffed, circling the meal that sounded most appetising to you right about now.

He paused, before inspecting his nails; "Mr Way asked after you," he stated casually.

You perked up, with a slight expression of surprise. "He did? Wait, which one?"

"Gerard did," Harvey gave you a suggestive glance, "he came up to me while I was finalising some bookings, and asked how you were. I told him you were fast asleep, and he seemed a little disappointed — but he thanked me anyway, and then returned to his room."

"Oh," you weren't sure what to say, so you just rubbed the back of your neck and coughed weakly. "That's... nice of him."

"You should really go and see him," Harvey insinuated casually, which made you half choke. "We're not leaving for the flight to Cali until seven, so you've got plenty of time to fool around with the others."

"Okay, first off, going and inviting myself into somebody's room is just weird," you retorted, "secondly, I don't want to leave my room at all today, if by others you mean I have to talk to MSI."