Chapter 38: The Question

"A new

"A new... record," you repeated slowly over the phone, sitting at your living room table as you ate some freezer food you'd dumped in the microwave ten minutes earlier.

"Yeah, you're gonna need to start working on one soon," Harvey, from the other end of the line, responded frankly. "I'm thinking after the next tour, if that's okay with you. It's April right now, and the tour starts in September and ends in November. That should give you some time to think about it beforehand, and then you can get in the studio."

"I... okay," you conceded, at least that gave you time. Little did he know you were an absolute newbie when it came to composing music, and the album you had 'made' wasn't actually made by you at all.

Speaking of which, watching things happening that you already knew would occur was odd. You'd had to act shocked whenever someone told you that the housing market was collapsing, and America was entering a recession, that public opinion was beginning to think that maybe invading Iraq hadn't been a great idea, and that this new, rising democrat politician called 'Barack Obama' was making waves in the country.

On one hand, it was funny. On the other, you were a little upset that there was very little you could do to stop anything that could happen without seeming like an out-of-touch conspiracy theorist.

"Yeah—oww shit my finger," Harvey suddenly cursed,

"You good?" you asked in concern.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Here's some advice, if you ever propose to Gerard then check his ring size first."

"What?" you blanked, "Harvey, did — are you getting married?"

"I didn't tell you?..."

"Holy fuck, congratulations!" you exploded, standing up in excitement, "When did this happen?!"

"Like... three days ago," he responded shyly. "It was very sudden, I wasn't expecting it at all, to be honest. Kit made a huge thing out of it, he was very melodramatic. The whole thing has meant we're gonna have to move to Massachusetts, since it's the only place we can marry and live together legally."

"When's the wedding then?" you questioned eagerly.

"We're thinking possibly... August at some point. That gives us enough time to move, and it's before I go on tour with you again."

"Harvey, oh my god," you half-laughed in disbelief, "you're getting married. You're going to have a husband."

"Stop it," your manager joked, "it's put a big wrench into my future plans, but... honestly, I can't complain."

You continued to grill him on what he was thinking of for the venue, and city, till after an hour you had to go. Those groceries were calling, and your empty fridge didn't exactly scream 'dinner is gonna be great tonight', so you had to go down to the supermarket to get some food.