Chapter 25: Nowhere Fast

You'd deliberately been pushing away all thought of your mother

You'd deliberately been pushing away all thought of your mother. Whether that be through listening to music, or focusing on your next performance — though you did that more subconsciously now — you indefinitely hid yourself from the incident that had sent you spiralling to begin with. Her blocked contact made you freeze every time you saw it on your phone screen, and visions flashed in your mind of her venomous expression as she told you to keep quiet.

However, today, you were dwelling on it more than you would've liked to.

Mikey noticed your obvious discomfort as you sat on his hotel bed, fiddling with your CD player, as he was on the floor playing World of Warcraft. "You okay?" he questioned, turning to give you a look of concern.

"Mhmm," you answered noncommittally, your eyes on your phone that was placed next to you.

You were playing with the idea of calling her; just to see if she would apologise, or — well, anything at all. It was pathetic, but a tiny part of you was still pleading for her love, like you were a wailing, insecure child again.

You supposed you were also trying to distract yourself from the fact that Gerard had been avoiding you all day. You didn't know if it was on purpose, but it felt like it, considering what had happened yesterday; he was probably currently having a talk with a friend about his conflicted feelings right now. You'd caught sight of him on the phone earlier, but you'd been going back up to your room in the lift, so the doors shut before you could say anything.

Since Linkin Park were out doing a meet 'n' greet, Frank and Ray were with Gerard, and you didn't know the other bands too well, you decided to stay with Mikey. True, you two hadn't talked a whole lot, but there was a mutual understanding that you gained from you both being pretty quiet.

Mikey blinked, and looked as if he were about to speak, before he was interrupted by the sound of knocking; he got up with a sigh, while you took off your headphones and paused your music.

As soon as Mikey opened the door, there was a barrage of noise. "We're back!"

Your face fell. For the love of god, you did not want to see MSI. Looking at and talking to Lindsey was going to be especially hard, considering that her 'future husband' had kissed you.

Unfortunately, Jimmy strolled into the room without invitation, and when he saw you, he burst into laughter — you stared at him in confusion, before watching as he sauntered over. "You punched me," he stated, with a grin.

You didn't say anything, and awaited his next sentences with baited breath.

"Honestly, I don't remember why," Jimmy continued, "but you fuckin' punched me."

A guilty bit of relief welled up in you, then you glanced up at him with wariness. "You said something stupid, so I punched you," you explained dryly.

Again, he laughed, and you tried to not look like you were smouldering with rage; "Makes sense, I offend people a lot," he dismissed, as his other bandmates entered the room.