Chapter 24: If I Had A Dollar

A few days passed by — the tour meant that you had little time to do anything, so a welcome break was found on the 17th of August, where you got a day off in Ohio, since you and Styles of Beyond weren't performing

A few days passed by — the tour meant that you had little time to do anything, so a welcome break was found on the 17th of August, where you got a day off in Ohio, since you and Styles of Beyond weren't performing. It was difficult to take it seriously, since you were accustomed to all of those memes about the state being the fucking pit of America, but the place you were staying at was actually pretty nice.

During that time, you never actually got to have a proper conversation with Gerard regarding what you'd told him. Sure, you hung out with him, but it was always with other people, either his bandmates or more, and it wasn't like you could casually discuss you being a time traveller in front of them.

You spent the morning in your room doing fuckall, before you went about the afternoon, with Harvey, to a CD shop. Apart from getting stopped for a few pictures and autographs by three people, you barely interacted with anyone else, until right at the end of the day, when the other bands returned from their concerts, and decided to have another one of their parties.

This time, you didn't make the mistake of going; instead, you stayed with Mikey, and mucked around on guitar hero with him in his room.

Unfortunately, that didn't last for an hour, before you got a phone call, whilst in the middle of playing. "Shit, it's Harvey," you cursed, and put down the controller, "got to take this, sorry Mikey."

"It's okay," Mikey nodded, and paused the game.

"Hello?" you asked, as you answered, slightly concerned, as Harvey never called unless it was business related.

"I need — your help," Harvey slurred, clearly drunk.

"What's going on?" you questioned, standing up, worry pumping through your veins.

"Please just come down here, to the bathroom," he pleaded, voice thick with either alcohol or crying, you couldn't tell.

"I'll be down there in three," you replied, and hung up; you turned to Mikey with an apologetic look, "Something's happened, I gotta go."

"No problem," Mikey crossed his legs, "you can bring him up here if you want."

"I think I might, if that's okay," you rubbed the back of his neck. "I'll just... see what's going on first."

You left, going down in the lift, to the ground floor, where the party was located in Steve Montano's room; the door was already open, and there was loud music pounding from within. Squeezing through the people standing near the entrance, you stumbled through the crowds, until you reached the living room, to hover in the corner, and get your bearings.

There, on the couch, was Lyn-Z and Gerard, with her practically draped all over him, as they both smoked a cigarette. She looked to be having too much fun, while Gerard was kinda indifferent to her presence.

You swallowed your jealousy, and slunk into the hallway, which was pretty much deserted. Once you arrived at the closed bathroom, you gave it a knock, and pressed your ear against the wood; "Harvey? It's me," you tried to sound reassuring. "Can I come in?"