Chapter 15: Theatre

To say that your mother was overjoyed that you were 'in a relationship' would be an understatement

To say that your mother was overjoyed that you were 'in a relationship' would be an understatement. She'd practically had a meltdown, telling you that you'd been very smart to pick such a 'lovely, famous' man, which was really just her way of saying she was happy you'd got some more financial benefits.

She'd also 'complimented' your show, telling you that you were at least on the level of the other performers. You'd reluctantly agreed to go out with her the next day, for dinner at some fancy restaurant she'd found, as a 'celebration'.

For what? You had no idea. She never liked to be specific about anything.

When you told Gerard, he'd laughed, and assured you that he'd do anything to make the illusion real, so you weren't to worry.

But that was exactly what worried you. Gerard was a very kind person, just how far was he willing to go? Hugging? 'I love you's? Kissing, even? On the lips?

You didn't want to think about that. Not now, not ever.

For now, all you had to do was survive this dinner, and answer the burning questions your mother, undoubtedly, had for you about you and Gerard. She'd told you she'd come and pick you up from your hotel at six; as if you couldn't just come and do things by yourself. You'd spent much of the day cooped up in your room, occasionally poking your head out to eat, but honestly, you'd avoided all human interaction, to save up your social battery.

By the time it was four, you got a message, while you laid on your bed, listening to Rage Against The Machine with your CD player; you rolled over to grab your cell, and stared at the screen with a small scowl.

Gee:
Hey would
you mind if Mikey
and I came up
to your room?
We wanna
get away from
some people

You:
If you must
Then sure

Gee:
It's just that
no one's seen you
all day
I'm just a bit
worried

You:
Ah that's
nice of you
I'm okay tho
You guys can
come up

You sighed to yourself, wishing you hadn't given permission now — as much as you loved Gerard, you didn't really want to see anybody. However, you'd said yes now, and there wasn't much you could do to go back on it. Would be rude, anyway.

When there was the inevitable knock, you reluctantly slid off the sheets, and walked over to the entrance with a grumble, opening up the room to the two men. Gerard had his hands behind his back with a friendly smile, whilst Mikey was behind his brother for protection, but awkwardly waved in greeting, so you had to give him kudos for the effort. You sighed, and gestured for them to come in, and Gerard bounced in eagerly, with Mikey following with a shuffle.

"You've got a pretty good room," Gerard remarked, peeking out of the window that had a street view.

"Mmm," you responded dully, shutting the door, and then heaving yourself back over to the mattress, to flop on it.