Chapter 10: Ghosts Like Pizza, Apparently

How the fuck did you get here?

You let out a surprised yelp, as your face smushed into the door of the car, following a sharp, probably unnecessary turn; Jimmy, who was driving, screamed, Lindsey, who was in the front seat, giggled loudly. Further back, considering the size of this vehicle, the only glimpse of Ray you could catch was his hair bouncing around manically, squished next to Kitty, who was shrieking with excitement.

The stereo was blasting Iron Maiden, completely drowning out the SatNav, much to your horror, and the engine was making questionable noises — you had no idea where you were, or where you were going.

Frank, who was next to you in the back, practically got crunched into your shoulder, as Gerard, who was next to him, fell onto the guitarist from the momentum. "Hey, guys, do you think you could... slow down a bit?" Gerard asked, trying to sit upright.

"Oh, c'mon Way, live a little!" Jimmy completely ignored the question, and stuck his head out of the window to scream at some passersby.

"I'm going to die today," you wheezed out, panic surging through your veins, "I'm going to die today, and I didn't even get to have dinner yet. I'm going to die on an empty stomach, and that is the worst way to go."

"Aren't we supposed to be back by five at the latest?" Frank hissed, peeling himself off you, and letting you breathe again, "So why are we doing this?"

He raised a good point. You had to be in the hotel by the stated time so you could have dinner, and then fly to the next destination; unfortunately, after lunch (where you'd all eaten together), Jimmy and Lindsey had roped you all into going with them downtown. It was currently three, so you only had a short amount of time, really.

Mikey had lucked out by having a 'bad stomach', and Steve had just pretty much refused to go anywhere.

You wished you had a stronger will, but Frank had given you a pleading look, as if to ask you to come along to make it bearable. That had been that, and now here you were, being tossed around like a bag of potatoes, and feeling hungry and grumpy. You didn't even know where they'd gotten the goddamn car from.

"Hey, look, there's an arcade!" Kitty pointed out.

"Where?!" Jimmy braked hard, and everyone was thrown forwards; your skull thumped into the seat in front of you, and you let out a loud 'fucking hell!' of pain.

"Jesus, take it easy!" Frank yelled at the driver, hugging you protectively.

(You tried not to become flustered at his care.)

"C'mon, let's go! I wanna make some kids cry!" Jimmy, once again, took no note of your problems, and instead parked the car clumsily, before jumping out, and rushing into the store. Kitty followed quickly, jumping past Ray to get through the door, who was half lying down in confusion.

Lindsey turned around in her place, momentarily, to smile at Gerard, "Come on, Gee, let's go!" she exclaimed, before following her bandmates.

An awkward silence hovered for a second, after the others had gone.