Chapter 26: Confirmation

The next day, you had a performance, which went pretty well, all things considered

The next day, you had a performance, which went pretty well, all things considered. You'd just come back from Canada, and were now in Michigan; despite you slowly getting used to being a musician, touring wasn't something you were still fond of. You only agreed to continue because of your fans, since you knew some wouldn't be able to afford to go to places far away, so you'd have to go to them.

This was all for them. The ones you had met thus far had been incredibly sweet, and you were astounded at how much adoration they had for you, but you were beginning to become attached to them very quickly.

What you found curious, during your performance, was that Gerard showed up on the side, standing at the back in some sunglasses and a Slipknot hoodie. From what you'd been told, MCR was supposed to be booked up, doing other things, and yet he made the time to come and see you. It had thrown you off, but when you got off stage, he was gone before you could ask about it, much to your disappointment.

After the concert, there was yet another afterparty, which you didn't attend, not at first at least. You stayed in your van, on your bunk bed, fiddling with your CD player, while Harvey lay underneath, on a call with his boyfriend.

As the final track on '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' came to an end, you prepared to change the disc to Queen, but was cut off by sudden buzz from your pocket. You shifted, and took your phone out of your pocket, and without looking at the contact, answered lazily, "Hello?"

"I—I need to talk to you."

You stiffened, and gulped slightly. "About what?" you asked Gerard slowly.

"I just — need to talk to you," he pleaded, "something's happened and — I don't know what to do about it."

You really wanted to just leave it for tomorrow, but with how desperate he sounded, you knew that it was important. "Fine, where are you?" you sat up reluctantly.

"I'm at the back, could you meet me in break out room five? Also please bring some tissues."

"Alright," you hung up, and began your descent down the ladder.

Harvey glanced at you in confusion, but you gave him a helpless half shrug as if to say 'I have no idea'; Chris peeked over the top of her newspaper, from where she sat in the corner with a mischievous grin, which made you flip her off in annoyance.

After grabbing the item he'd requested, you arrived at the room, you sat down to wait for Gerard to show up, but didn't have to wait long — thirty seconds after you got there, he rushed inside, and locked the door firmly behind him, panting heavily. You stared at him in slight confusion, before noticing that there was a bright red lipstick smudge on his neck, above his neckerchief that he was still wearing from his concert.

"What—?" you started incredulously, before he cut in.

"She kissed me," he blurted out, running a hand through his hair in a stressful manner.