Chapter 34: Slapdash

You sat upon the floor of your apartment, staring furiously at what you'd just been given

You sat upon the floor of your apartment, staring furiously at what you'd just been given. Harvey, opposite you, glared back, raising an eyebrow, and waiting for your response to his awful, awful move. How could he do such a horrible thing to you? You felt the urge to gut-punch him, this backstabbing little toad of a man.

You could do it in another way though.

 Harvey noticed your change in expression, before pointing a finger, "Don't you fucking dare."

No use. You were going to do it.

You threw down the card onto the pile, "Plus four."

"Fuck!" Harvey shrieked, then reaching out to try and half smack you; you barely dodged, with a loud, obnoxious cackle. He grumbled, and collected eight cards from the deck, "You're an actual sadist, I swear. Take a BDSM test, and I'm sure that sadist will pop up in there somewhere."

"Funny," you scoffed, still grinning at your victory.

It had been two weeks since the end of ProRev; two weeks of you deciding where to move to, and now you had just bought a property in Belleville, and you were celebrating with Harvey by playing a very one-sided game of Uno, which you were decidedly winning.

"How are you so good at this stupid game? It's infuriating," Harvey complained, organising the new cards he'd had to pick up, before throwing down a red two.

"Played a lot of it at school," you replied, picking up a card from the deck. "Other kids would challenge me at the game and bet money on it, and then I'd beat them. So you could consider Uno to be my first full time job."

"Of scamming children?" Harvey questioned, with a raised eyebrow.

"Hey, we were all the same age," you argued, "and besides, they'd come up to me and ask to play. They were just overconfident."

"Sure," Harvey dismissed, with a light smile. "Onto more important topics — when are you planning to move out?"

"Well," you shifted in your position, "apparently the flat still needs to be cleaned up, so I've got to wait a bit longer, but I should be out of here near the end of September, if that's anything to go on. I've just got to wait until the owner tells me it's ready to be moved into."

"And you're ready to leave?" your manager asked.

"I suppose, I mean the people at the record label kind of... organised everything for me," you confessed. "The moving company and all. Though, they did schedule me in for another tour on October 24th with MCR again."

"Hey, that's not too bad! I thought they would put you on a solo thing, and those things are miserable," Harvey remarked.

"I guess," once again, you found yourself a little apathetic to the idea. "I'm only really doing it for the fans, since I know that I'm at least someone's favourite artist."