Chapter 28: Hide From The World

"You were right, y'know," Harvey commented the next morning, as he sat across from you in the van

"You were right, y'know," Harvey commented the next morning, as he sat across from you in the van. "I visited the doctor yesterday, and got a few scans done. Turns out I need to start taking heart supplements."

You let out a mumble from your position face down on the table, headphones half on so you could hear anything important, "That's good. At least you know now."

Your manager peered at you, before taking out his phone, and tapping at it casually, "You were a while with Gerard, you came back three hours later. What was going on?"

You froze, blood turning to ice in your veins. "We just... talked," you stammered, keeping your expression hidden.

"They fucked," Chris spoke up from the corner, without looking up from her magazine.

You shot up, with an incredulous shriek, "We did not!"

"Oh?" Harvey sipped at his tea, with a raise of his eyebrow, "That's interesting, I was wondering why Gerard's hair was so messy—"

"We just talked! We," you flapped your hand desperately, "just talked! I need you to believe me, it did not go any further than kissing!"

"Oh, so you kissed?" Chris asked innocently.

"Wh—that whole thing was just a ploy to get me to say it, wasn't it?" you realised in a dumb mutter.

"Regardless of whether you did fuck or not," Chris spoke, "point is, you two are an item now, right?"

"I guess... it was confirmed," you sighed, shrinking in on yourself.

Harvey smiled, and put down his mug and phone to give you a little clap; "Well congratulations! About time, honestly — are you planning on telling everyone?"

"No," you shook your head instantly. "Gerard and I agreed that we should only tell our managers and in his case bandmates. I'm not ready to have everything in the public eye yet, god knows how much shit I'll get from the media."

"Smart decision really, that man has admirers," Chris observed, "and so do you."

You paused, processing what she'd just said. "Hold on," you began in disbelief, "you think people are going to get mad because they want to — be with me?"

"You're a famous rockstar, you've got your fair share of lovesick teenagers trailing after you," Harvey remarked. "Honestly, did you think that you wouldn't?"

"Well — I'm not exactly heartthrob material," you sputtered in confusion, "I don't do what Gerard does, and stick my hand down my pants on stage..."

"You're a musician, musicians are sexy," Chris stated as if it were fact.

You struggled to understand that some teenagers; like yourself, back in the day; found you attractive. Oh god, was there fanfiction about you? You dreaded to think, what would you find if you searched up your name on AO3?