Chapter 35: Line Blurring

a/n: quick warning - this does kinda have sexual content! nothing explicit written though i'm too much of a chicken just more of very sensual stuff that COULD lead to doing the do. but this is still very genderless

The next day, you woke up with a splitting headache, at one in the afternoon; you spent the next hour in bed with a glass of water, before getting yourself up, and tending to some more unpacking

The next day, you woke up with a splitting headache, at one in the afternoon; you spent the next hour in bed with a glass of water, before getting yourself up, and tending to some more unpacking. By the time it was five, you'd made sufficient progress, which was rather good, considering that you were going to be meeting Gerard at five thirty.

You left the house with your phone in hand, displaying a route of how to get to the location he'd sent. It took you a solid thirty minutes to get there, mostly because you had to stop and reorient every so often, but you made it; and just as you were hovering outside the restaurant, making sure that you'd come to the right place, there was the joyous call of your name.

You turned, and saw Gerard, making his way towards you at a fast pace — shit, after all this time, you'd forgotten how beautiful he was. His hair was longer, and he looked less tired, probably due to the fact that he wasn't touring, he was just all around the only thing you wanted to see right now.

Raising a hand, you waved at him with a huge grin, and walked to meet him halfway; but before you could say anything, he reached you first, flung his arms around your neck, and kissed you right away, prohibiting you from talking at once.

You let out a muffled yelp of surprise, but hugged him back eagerly. When he moved back, you couldn't help but laugh, "Hi, Gerard."

"Hi," he beamed back, giving you another small smooch on the cheek, before giggling. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," you softened, and gripped him a little tighter. "Must've been boring without me, huh?" you joked feebly.

"Obviously," he played along, taking your hand, and walking you towards the entrance to the restaurant, "I haven't had anyone to spoil, it's been shit."

"How's Mikey?" you asked, as he led you towards a table in the corner.

"He's, y'know, himself," Gerard gestured with a small chuckle. "He's been playing video games in his room a lot, Mum hates it."

"Sounds accurate though," you granted, sitting down.

"So, how're you liking New Jersey so far?" he asked, making himself comfortable across from you.

"It's... definitely different," you admitted.

"You were in Watertown, I think goin' anywhere would be different," Gerard teased, which made you deadpan at him.

"Yeah, it's certainly bigger," you half nodded in confirmation, "the people here are a lot louder too, and there's a lot more traffic — I think I'm gonna have to get a car, 'cus I can't walk around as easily as I did."

"You don't regret moving, do you?" he questioned, a hint of nervousness entering his tone.

You glanced up at him, "Absolutely not. I'm glad I'm here."