Chapter 19: Trying to survive.

The blue haired guy slowly pulled away from her and opened his eyes, breathless. And so did Y/n.

"Did that mean something?" She asked with nervousness, hoping to have the reply she was waiting for. "It depends on your thoughts." He replied calmly, still not breaking the eye contact.

Slowly she looked down and layed her head on his shoulder, sighing. He also put his own on her while closing his eyes, still concious about the fact that Jungkook was sleeping on his lap.

Silence rang around them and Y/n's stomach suddenly growled out loud. She bit her tongue, secretly, out of embarrassement and Taehyung opened his eyes before looking at her with concern.

"Are you hungry?" She shook her head "No, it's fine...I guess." "You should've tell me. And I'm also dumb, I could've guess too." He breathed out and looked around to see if they could find something to eat or drink.

But no trace of anything.

Suddenly, as he kept searching for something, Y/n muttered while still laying on his shoulder, making him stop his actions "Please stay here for now, beside me."

Nothing proceeded in his mind and his body relaxed, once again, against the tree. After a few seconds, Y/n felt something approaching her hand.

And it was none other than Taehyung who slowly shifted his veiny and slender fingers toward her before linking their hands in a strong and secured way.

Her heart beat increased when she sensed his soft skin caressing her shivery cold hand. This touch seemed so unusual and unknown, because she never felt it ever before.

He never touched her hand, gripped them or linked them with his, in a friendly way. Jungkook used to do so whenever they would do an outing, go to school together, play and all. But Taehyung, he never did that because he seemed reserved in that matter.

Whenever he would touch her back then, either it was to beat her playfully or it was unintentionally. And those hands seemed so cold, so emotionless, so rough, so hard.

But this time, the feeling was something else. These hands, the ones she was holding actually, were so soft, warm, filled with care and seemed so cozy.

It just depends on our thoughts and our way of observing things, and now her point of view was showing her much more than a lover could do.

Suddenly her train of thoughts stopped when Taehyung spoke in a calm yet husky voice "You know, I always wondered about something." She looked up at him and frowned "And what is it about?"

He sighed silently, drawing circles on the back of her hand with his thumb "If we were not enemies, what would our relationship look like?" A sudden chuckle left her mouth, making the blue haired guy look at her with a confused smile.

"Why are you laughing?" She shook her head before replying "I can't imagine us being best friends just like in series, the ones who hug each other, says I love you, always being clingy. It's cringe."

He suddenly giggled and nodded "Yeah, I couldn't bear this cringiness every single day. I guess I love the way we are now, being best friends but in our own ways."

"Yeah, annoying each other, being a free drama to every student in the school, fucking up my peace every day, killing my hopes of having a great day...I can't continue otherwise it might take my whole life."

Said the mint haired guy out of nowhere, making Y/n and Taehyung look at him in disbelief. "Yah, were you spying on us?" The blue haired guy spat on his brother, who just looked up at him from his lap.

"Do I look like Sherlock Holmes? You were the ones who doesn't know how to keep your secrets secret." "Means?" Y/n asked and he sat up before facing them.