Chapter 28: The dream.

TIME SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY...

Jimin decided to get ready to go to the laboratory and stop everything they were doing. He couldn't do this anymore, he was also going to give back the case from where it came.

He knew that he had to face the consequences but he couldn't lie anymore to anyone. He couldn't see the innocent faces begging him everyday to bring back their father, mother, children, siblings, friends.

It was enough for him. Soon he drove off to the laboratory and got off his jeep before walking to the laboratory and entering in. Mr. John spotted him and smiled before welcoming him.

"Mr. Park, you're finally here." The silver haired guy just hummed while trying hard to smile but nothing came out, no emotions, no feelings. "So I was-" "Mr. John?" The older tried to speak but Jimin cut him off, wanting to get rid of this as soon as possible.

"What's wrong, Mr. Park?" A frown of worry sculptured on his already wrinkled forhead. Jimin gulped down the knot in his throat before finally saying it "Let's close this case." The older widened his eyes at this revelation.

"Mr. Park?! Are you serious? Like, how can you do this?" The younger shivered lightly but tried to hide it. "I'll manage everything, just stop your work." "But there must be a reason behind this decision." He asked with a sweet yet tensionfilled tone.

"There is! But it shouldn't matter to anyone. Just do as I say." The older found no other words except sighing and hummed before starting to pack everything. "Thank you, Mr. John, I'll meet you someday."

The older smiled and bidded his goodbye before Jimin could leave the laboratory and drive to his boss' office to announce him this news. There were no consequences about leaving a case except him having to face the victims' family's beggings.

He preferred to face them than continuing this case which would lead them nowhere until forever.

                              TIME SKIP....

It was evening time and Y/n went to Taehyung's house before ringing their doorbell. Aera actually called her to take Taehyung outside so he could take some fresh air as he was confined in his room since a week.

Y/n agreed to it after making sure that her parents were gone to their workplace in the morning. They were not doing well but better than before, all of this because of her efforts.

She was tired but strong enough, and mostly for Taehyung she would do anything. Even if she had to go to the moon then come back, she would do it for him without hesitation.

Suddenly Aera opened the door and smiled happily once she saw Y/n. The older took her in a strong hug before letting go of her with tears in her eyes. "Y/n, please. Take Taehyung outside for a while, he is not doing anything. You're the only one to whom he'll listen. And also make sure to eat something from outside."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that he will do fine." Aera nodded and Y/n walked upstairs in Taehyung's room before walking to his door and knocking on it.

She heard a faint voice, allowing her to enter in the room and she slowly opened the door only to see Taehyung sitting on the bed while hugging his strawberry pillow.

She smiled at him and entered in the room before walking to him. He looked up at her only to get surprised "Oh. You're here..." He almost whispered and she nodded with a smile.

"Of course I'm here, come. Let's go outside, I want to do a few things with you." He shook his head, still smiling. "It's fine, I guess." She looked at his state which was getting weaker and weaker, she couldn't stop herself but to force him to get up.