Chapter 23: Nostalgic.

Y/n almost tripped over a stair before landing on Taehyung's back, who himself was about to fall face first onto the unknown laboratory's black marbled floor.

Jimin looked at them and shook his head while giggling "Be careful, I don't want to bring you back in a bed or wheelchair." and the youngers just smiled sheepishly while scratching the back of their head.

Soon their eyes landed around them, widening them. Something that their eyes caught for the first time in front of them. It was big and brightened with lights room, scientific stuffs scattered everywhere like microscopes, jars of colorful liquids in every corner you look for, scientists doing some manipulations, making the youngers curiosity raise.

Suddenly one of them noticed Jimin's presence and shot a welcoming smile before approaching him. "Mr. Park, we were waiting for you." He shook his hand with the silver haired guy's before noticing the youngers, standing calmly like children, by his side.

"Mr. Park, they are...?" "Well, their friend also is missing." Jimin replied while chewing his bottom lip nervously, making the man in his late thirties nod in understanding. He then shook his hand with them before turning back to Jimin, gaining a serious tone in his manly voice.

"Anyways, Mr. Park, we called you because we found a few objects in the jungle and we doubt that they might be related to the disappeared victims." The blue haired guy sensed his throat tightening and gripped Y/n's warm hand out of anxiety.

Likewise, Y/n also gulped down and looked at Taehyung's side profile, noticing his Adam apple moving up and down and his eyes showing the fear that came back to surface after hours of patience. She took her other hand, putting it above their linked one and gave a little caress, but no use. He was too emerged in his brother's pain.

Jimin stood straight after hearing that and his broad shoulders tensed up "Really? Show them to me." The middle aged man nodded and gestured them to walk, so they did. Passing from one room to another, they saw a dark room. Only a table illuminated in the middle of the area and a few things put on show on the surface of the table.

Slowly approaching it and standing around it, the scientist spoke "So these are the objects we found, we are not so sure whom they belong to but the least we could do was to take their fingerprints and import them in a computer to start our research." Jimin hummed and scanned the items with his eyes.

Taehyung and Y/n also looked at them, hoping to find something related to Jungkook. There was a wallet, a few keys, a pair of specs, a teddy bear and a ponytail. Suddenly Y/n gulped down after seeing the little blue teddy "J-Jimin...are babies a-also involved in that c-case?"

He looked at her, and the other men too, only to see the sensitivity and fear for the children. The older sighed desperately and nodded "Unfortunately, yes. There are about 10 cases related to children under the age of 12." She nodded while biting into her lips and Taehyung slowly side hugged her to comfort her.

"Don't worry, we'll find every single person. I promise." He then slowly leaned on her head and kissed her hair gently, making her feel less tensed. Jimin's lips curved up by each side after seeing them supportive for each other then looked away, feeling a light knot in his throat.

Soon the middle aged man cleared his throat "So what are we planning to do now, Mr. Park?" The silver haired guy scratched his left eyebrow while hissing "Well, we'll start from tomorrow morning a deeper ressearch. For now you can just scan the prints and let me know to whom they belong. It will be enough, thank you."

The scientist nodded and Jimin crossed his sight with the duo who seemed quiet and didn't utter a single words since a few mins. "About you both...shall we send you back to your parents?" Taehyung shook his head abruptly.