•A Flutter•

Maya's POV

I woke up in Riley's room. I realized it was the first day of 8th grade. Then, Riley sat up and screamed, "Aghhhhh!" I looked at her. "MAYAAAAA," she yelled.

"Yes?" I replied, holding a laugh.

"It's the first day of 8th grade! The start of a new school year with new memories and new people! We're the oldest people in the school now!"

I started laughing. "It may be a new year Riles, but you haven't changed a bit."

She sat up and whispered, "Maya, what if Lucas doesn't like me any more?"

I laughed at her. "Riles, how could he not like you? You guys kissed! Besides, I've seen the way he looks at you."

She giggled. "Ok. I see your point." We laughed then got changed and ready to go to school.

We walked up to our new lockers. They were next to each other as always.

Farkle walked up to us. "Ladies."

His voice was deeper and he got taller. He was actually, sort of, cute...

"Farkle," Riley and I replied, smirking. He looked us over as if he was judging us, which he wasn't.

"What are you doing?" I blurted out. My voice sounded really harsh which took me by surprise.

"N-Nothing... You guys just look even more beautiful than last year and all the years before that." He flipped his hair and turned his back to us.

"Lucas," Riley exhaled. I turned my head in the direction she was facing.

Lucas was walking down the stairs. His hair was a nice golden brown and his skin was nice and tanned from the summer. He flashed a smile at us and I was literally almost blinded, well not literally, his teeth were so white.

My eyes widen. Is it possible that he got even taller over the summer? I wonder if I got taller...

He walked up to us, still smiling. I pushed my hair to a side and then to the other side.

Riley got all blushy and flustered while talking to him. "Hi." She meekly said.

"Hey," Lucas said just as awkwardly.

"Hey cowboy, how's it going?" I smiled broadly at him.

Farkle looked at us with uncertainty and then looked at Riley who was staring a little at Lucas.

"It's all good ma'am." Lucas replied, smiling.

"Maya, can you move a little? I can't see Lucas." Riley whispered in my ear.

I nodded and stepped aside. My foot pressed against Farkle's foot and I turned and tripped.

"Maya, watch out!" Lucas exclaimed.

He caught me and I looked up at him. My heart, I don't know how to describe it, fluttered a little.

He smiled softly at me. "Thanks, Ranger Rick." I told him, standing up quickly.

"No problem." He answered.

"So Lucas..." Riley trailed off with her sentence.

"You guys need to talk about the kiss." I told them, trying to distract myself from the beating of my heart.

"Yeah we should-"

The bell rang and we all were a bit startled.

"Well it was great talking about it, Lucas." Riley hurriedly said. She looked down at the floor and pulled me with her to class.

"Yeah, you too!" Lucas called from behind us.

I blushed a little. Wow, what was happening to me?!

Hi guys! I hope you like the first chapter and I hope you continue reading the fanfic because Leah and I have some great things in store for Lucaya fans!

-Grace-