•Bad, Bad, Bad•

Maya's POV

On Monday, I finally saw Lucas. He was ignoring me the whole weekend. I knew he went to my dad's office.

I gripped the morning's newspaper in my hand. Lucas was leaning against a locker he looked up and saw me. He looked scared, he should be.

"Yo, Ranger Rick!" I yelled. It seemed like the hallway cleared immediately.

"Who me?" He asked all innocent like as if I called anyone else Ranger Rick.

"You can't just do this!" I screamed, shoving the paper in his face.

"Boy Interrupts Millionaire At Office," he read from the title.

I turned to walk away. "Maya!" He called.

I turned back around and got all up in his face, "I told you not to go and find him, I told you no, Lucas! I know you care about me but I don't want this! I don't want you disregarding my decisions especially if they're about me and my broken family!"

"Maya, I was trying to protect you! Maybe I really care about you and don't want you to feel abandoned. Maybe I want you to feel safe and loved and not treated like garbage. Maybe-"

"Lucas... just stop. I can't be with someone who puts their decisions first..." I said.

"What?! What did you just say?!" He yelled. He scared me. He walked closer to me and put two hands on my shoulders before pushing me roughly on the ground.

"Lucas, stop!" I told him, covering my body from his harsh kicks to my ribs. "You promised you wouldn't hurt me!"

I was crying by then. Not because it hurt, it did hurt but that's not the point, it was because he just went full on Bad Boy Lucas and beating me up like his life depended on it.

Mr. Matthews ran out of his class and pulled Lucas back. Everything felt like it was going to slow motion, like we were under water.

I woke up in a hospital bed, attached to machines. I breathed in and a light tickle on my upper lip. A tube was in my nose and wound around my ears. a cannula.

"It flows oxygen through your system because... I broke some of your ribcage and it punctured your lung." Lucas quietly said. He was so quiet that I didn't know he was there until he spoke.

I turned my body a little, a fiery sensation on the right side of my chest, to look at Lucas.

There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair was all messy. It looked like he hadn't slept in days, weeks maybe.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Three weeks." He answered, his head in his hands.

I was astonished by this answer. Three weeks?! That couldn't be! I was just at school a few hours ago...

"You were in a slight coma... Maya, I thought I was going to loose you. I didn't want you to die. I wanted to apologize and if the last memory of me in your mind was that I was physically hurting you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Luc-"

"I have pills in my pocket in case you didn't wake up."

He would've killed himself... for me. "You were the one who put me here, you know?" I told him.

"And I wish so much that I could take it back but I never wanted you to see me like that. I love you, Maya." He was slightly sobbing, tears running down his cheeks.

"I hate myself for doing this but I'm giving you a second chance, if you screw up you'll never get me as your girlfriend ever again."

He leaned down and kissed me softly, holding my face in his hands.

"Give me those pills," I told him.

He took the bottle of pills out of his back pocket and handed them to me. I threw them across the room, and grabbed Lucas and kissed him.

Making edits at the moment... What do you think about bad boy Lucas????

-grace-