•Out with the Old•

Maya's POV

At Riley's house it was different than it usually was. We didn't talk much. She didn't talk about Lucas and neither did I... I hate to admit that I was daydreaming and all dazed out about him, though.

I can't just get him out of my mind! I mean, I guess I liked him all along... from that day on the subway... I was the first one who saw him after all. He's soooo cute...

The next morning, I got dressed, ate, and headed over to Riley's house like I usually do. I decided to- class up my style?!- wear a dress to school. A dress that screamed Riley but not Maya.

I had on this blue dress with pink, purple, green, and orange paint splatters on it. I wore a little jean jacket with The Beatles styled flats.

Auggie answered the door. "Hey, Maya," he said. "Riley! Maya's here!" He yelled which made me cover my ears.

I still laughed because that kid was so sassy and cute. Adorbs!

Mr. Mathews looked at me. We hadn't really talked since the 'I like Lucas' incident. I'm pretty sure he didn't tell Riley because she walked toward me with a smile on her face and her girly outfit. I wish I looked that nice and girly, I don't think Lucas would like the old Maya anyways.

Her facial expression was a little hard to read but she grinned at me and told me I looked nice.

"Thanks... Are you sure?" I questioned her. I couldn't deal with not asking anyone if this look was nice.

"I love it." She replied.

I opened the door and began to walk out. "Bye Mom and Dad. Auggie you too!" Riley said to her family while walking out the door.

When we were on the train to school Riley finally asked me about my outfit. "So, what made you change your look? Wear a dress? It looks nice, I remember we got that together, but you look uncomfortable in it... Like you're in a Halloween costume or something."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I guess I wanted to change my image. Would you mind if we went shopping later, after school maybe?"

She smiled at me, "Of course, Peaches."

"Thanks, Chump." I said and we got off the train with linked arms.

Lucas and Farkle noticed my change right away. Farkle literally almost fainted, but Lucas looked like he tasted something bitter. Oh no.

I thought he would like this new Maya... He likes Riley after all and she's exactly like this.Why doesn't he like this new look?

I sighed and wondered if I had tried too hard.

"Maya, you look really nice." Lucas finally said, still with the bitter look on his face.

"Thanks, Huckleberry." I pushed past him, knowing that I didn't look nice in his eyes at all.

Hot tears were in my eyes and I held them back with all of my power. The bell rang and people started flooding the halls.

Mr. Matthews asked me to stay at his desk, again, after class. Riley looked so confused that she pulled me to the side.

"Maya, are you okay? Is something wrong with you or your family?" She asked, sincerely.

I swayed back and forth, "My stomach hurt a little during class yesterday so he probably just wants to ask how it's feeling. Go to your next class, honey. I'll see you at lunch."

Once she left the room and Mr. Matthews closed the door, I let myself sniffle and tears roll down my cheeks.

"Maya..." He looked at me with a very sad expression.

"I tried too hard. I tried to look like Riley but it won't work!" I practically screamed. I blew my nose and wiped my tears.

"You have to tell him, Maya. It's eating you up." He rubbed my shoulders gently.

"Yeah, yeah I guess you're right." I nodded.

I walked to the bathroom and wiped my eyes with a wet paper towel so they wouldn't be as red and puffy as before. I applied some Chapstick and fixed my hair a little until walking back outside to the hall.

"Mr. Friar, Maya wants to talk to you." Mr. Matthews said to Lucas, leading him down the hallway.

I waved slightly at Lucas and he nodded his head toward me. "Sit?" He asked, gesturing to the bench. I nodded and sat down next to him.

Mr. Matthews smiled at us and went into his classroom.

"So, what'd you want to talk about?" He asked, confusedly.

"Yeah... Lucas?"

I looked up at him. His eyes were kind and he didn't seem as tall anymore.

"Yeah," he answered, looking at me.

"I... like you, Lucas." I said.

A loooooong chapter because I wanted to get everything in this chapter as much as I possibly can and yeah all of that just flowed through me!!!! #LucayaShippedHardcore Thanks for almost 200 reads guys!!!!!

-Grace-