•Late Night Calls•

Lucas's POV

I mostly stayed up the rest of the night thinking about Maya. I thought about her but mainly focused on her family.

Her dad had left her mom and I'm not sure if she's seen him and his new family yet. Although it's hard to avoid, the Clutterbuckets are always in the newspapers.

I wanted to be the person to protect her. I also wanted to hurt her dad. I wanted to hurt him really bad and make him feel sorry for all the pain he caused Maya and her mother.

Maya doesn't even believe in good things or happy endings anymore. All because of him.

I couldn't take it anymore. I search 'Clutterbucket' on Google and a picture of a smiling man appeared.

He looked a little like Maya with the same golden hair and nice blue eyes. Except the man's eyes weren't a nice blue color, they were icy and cold. Even though he was smiling you could tell he was up to no good.

I called Maya. "Maya, please pick up..." I muttered.

"Hello?" She asked and yawned. Her voice was scratchy and cute.

"It's Lucas, sorry to wake you up from your Maya sleep."

"Maya sleep?"

"It's like beauty sleep but since your the most beautiful girl ever, it's official Maya sleep." I smiled to myself.

"Shut up, Huckleberry, with all of your idiotic comments. Now why did you call me?"

I took no offense to her response and I could tell she was hiding a laugh.

"What's your father's name?"

"Lucas... Why do want to know? I don't want you to do anything!" She answered, her voice raised in volume.

"Maya, he's horrible! He caused you and your mother too much brokenness and I can't take it! I want to see you happy! You're never happy and it's his fault!" I slammed my fist on the table and the side of my hand cut from a piece of wood. I muttered curses in pain.

"Lucas," Maya sounded lost and sad, "I don't want you to hurt anyone! I don't want to see you like that! I never want to! Please promise me that you won't hurt anyone. Please, for me."

"I want us to be together, Maya. I want you to be mine and I want to be able to kiss you all the time. I just can't promise that... I'm becoming bad again. I can only promise one thing: I'll never hurt you."

The next day I hopped on a bus and went to New Jersey to have a little talk with Maya's dad.

"Excuse me young man, what do you think you are doing?" A lady stated, staring at me scaldingly.

"I am here to see Mr.Clutterbucket."

I almost didn't get let into the building. I finally convinced the front door lady to let me in, saying I was 18 and was interviewing for a job. The desk lady laughed. "Well, young man, I certainly don't know what you are up to, and you certainly do not look 18, but you remind me of my grandson, so go ahead and go inside."

I said thank you and speed walked towards the elevators. Whew that was close, I sighed in my mind. How am I supposed to convince this rich dude to come to see Maya?

The elevator pinged. I was at his floor. I opened the door. I walked into his office, jaw dropping. It was this huge expansive city-view penthouse office. And smack dab in the center was a man with icy cold blue eyes.

"Mr.... It says here Fri-ar. What are you doing here?" He said, voice dripping with false patience. I could see how his false sweetness was eager to run away.

"Mr.Clutterbucket, sir, I am here to speak with you on an important matter. Your daughter, Maya Penelope Hart."

New chapter! More soon to come. Both Grace and I totally are putting all our Lucaya ideas out there!!! I like where this is going! #LUCAYASHIPPEDHARDCORE
Love all yall!!!💕
~Leah~