•What do you want?•

Maya's POV

The bell rang to end Mr. Matthews's class.

"You guys," he pointed at Riley, Lucas, and I, "stay after class."

I groaned. I seriously did not want to stay after class and risk being late to my other classes, if I'm going to be late to a class I want a good excuse instead of 'I was held back after class.'. Besides, what did he want to know?!?

I also didn't want to spend any extra time around Lucas. He wasn't like other guys I had a crush on, he made me nervous, and Maya Hart cannot be nervous. Being nervous is my equivalent to a girly girl forgetting to put on makeup in the morning.

I stood up to leave class along with everyone else who was leaving.

"Maya, I mean it. You guys are staying after class." Mr. Matthews said harshly.

I rolled my eyes but sat back down in my seat.

After Mr. Matthews's lecture about going behind his back with PDA and all that, he called me up to his desk.

Riley casted me a look of uncertainty and I just shrugged. I waved towards the door to tell her that it was okay if she left. She nodded and walked out of the classroom slowly.

"Maya," Mr. Matthews sighed, "what's wrong?"

"N-Nothing." I pulled my sweater tighter around my arms. How does he know?

"I know you Maya, maybe more than you think. I know something's wrong with you." He leaned back in his chair, rubbing his eyes.

"Okay," I started to say, "you really want to know what's up?"

"I really do." He faced me.

"I like Lucas."

I like Lucas. It was like a weight was off my shoulders and it felt right. 'I like Lucas.' That was it. That was all I needed to say.

Mr. Matthews was silent for a minute, maybe two, but then looked towards me. "Riley-"

"She can't ever know, Cory, she's my best friend and I don't want to hurt her but she just can't know. It'll crush her. She's so full of hope and she really likes Lucas. He likes her too. I'll ruin everything, Cory, do you hear me? I'll just ruin it all."

He looked shocked and it was either that I called him Cory, not once but twice, or that I showed that I really cared for Riley so much.

"Maya, let me just write you a pass to your next class." He finally said, writing my name and the time on a sticky note before scribbling his signature.

"You write like a girl," I joked. I grabbed my books in my hands and prepared to walk out the door.

"Maya, you're not going to ruin anything. Remember that." He said.
I sighed. You don't know me.

I met Riley, Farkle, and Lucas at our regular lunch table. "Hey guys," I sat down next to Riley and put down my tray of food.

Lucas and Farkle were playing with their food again and I mean literally playing. This time they made a replica of our school out of mashed potatoes.

I found it oddly cute and fascinating that Lucas did that. Although, last year I thought it was weird and gross.

"Hey, Ranger Rick, did your grandpappy teach you how to make mashed potato art?" I asked him, laughing somewhat.

"As a matter of fact, he did." He answered.

Lucas scooped up a lump of masked potatoes and placed it right on the tip of my nose. Omigod.

I snarled at him and he just laughed. "I'll get you for that cowboy and your little Farkle too," I exclaimed.

Hi guys! Hope you like this chapter and the cute Maya/Cory moment... Cory and Shawn are both like father figures in Maya's life so maybe Shawn might be in the fanfic...? Not sure yet. And yeah I just had to add a cute little Wizard of Oz wicked witch dialogue in there.

-Grace- (very tired) ~.~