•Tears•

Riley's POV

I woke up, sobbing. My best friend was in the hospital, and my boyfriend- my boyfriend was not my boyfriend any more.

I started sobbing. Lucas beat Maya up right in front of my eyes. I had screamed, my dad tried to pry him off her, then I tried to tear him off of her.

Lucas had turned to me, anger and sorrow in his eyes, had raised his fist, then he blinked looked around, and rushed off in horror. I later found out that he had called the cops on himself and spent 2 weeks in jail.

Why my friends? Why my best friend? She stabbed me in the back with that kiss- but she is Maya all the same. My peaches. My best friend.

Then, my dad burst into my room with what changed our little world forever.

"Mayasdadistryingtoshutdowntheschool." My dad whimpered. We all were in the kitchen. My dad had burst into my room saying that.

We had a family meeting that second. "Why?" I said suddenly. "You protected Maya! He left her as a baby.Why is he coming after you?" I started hyperventilating.

"My best friend is in the hospital because my former boyfriend beat her up because she was not sure she wanted to be with someone who," I started to get all worked up, "couldn't support her ideas because Lucas went behind her back to ask her dad about her when before that they both stabbed me in the back with that kiss!" I started having a hard time breathing, but kept going."How am I supposed to deal with all this stress? My dad's school is about to get shut down! Lucas-"

My mom interrupted while I kept trying to talk. "Sweetie, take a deep breath! You are getting yourself worked up!" I started screaming.

"MOM I CANT HANDLE THIS. Why me? Why my friends? Why did Lucas like her more? Why did she kiss him back? Why did he go behind her back and ask her father? Why did she try to break up with him?" I started crying while gasping for air. "Why did he beat her up? Why does her father need to shut down the school?"

I started blacking out. I couldn't breathe. I knew I was being selfish, but I didn't care. I wanted 7th grade back, desperately.

The last thing I heard was an ambulance, my father shouting, Auggie crying, my mom trying to tell the people what had happened leading up to my panic attack, and I remember thinking So this is how Maya felt.

Ooohhhhh! Bit of a cliffhanger, huh? Whatcha guys think? Luv ya guys!!! Over 500 views!!!!Yayyyy!!!!
Thanks!!!
~Leah~