•Doubtful(Maya)•

Maya's POV

"Lucas?" I questioned down the hallway.

He was absolutely no where to be found which annoyed me a lot. I let out an exasperated sigh, trying to figure out where he could be. Riley, on the other hand, flirted with him all day. She was super nice to me, overly nice. It sickened me. I texted Lucas before lunch, which was when he went missing, for him to meet me near Matthews's room after school.

Who does Riley think she is? Lucas doesn't like her. He likes me.
Right?

I heard shuffling around in the closet. Riley's voice. Lucas's voice. I swallowed the lump in my throat  before opening the door.

I couldn't keep from crying once I saw Lucas and Riley. She was on his lap and his hair was all tangled and messed up. He didn't do anything after  I opened the door. I knew it was too good to be true.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I shrugged it off. "Maya," Lucas spoke, turning me around. His eyes were full of concern while my eyes were full of hurtful tears.

"I don't even care anymore, Lucas. I don't want to speak to you. Hell, I knew it was too good." I was so angry, wiping away tears. Why was I crying? Oh, right, because I was hurt. I was on a roll by yelling at him though so I kept at it. "You hope for things, you get crushed. Every. Single. Time."

"Maya, don't be like this. She means nothing to me. Nothing happened in the closet! She was on me!" He was getting frustrated now, shaking me by the shoulders. He gripped my forearms tightly, I knew I would end up on the floor if I didn't say anything.

"Lucas, stop..." I pleaded, slightly pushing myself away. His eyes changed from angry to hurt in a matter of seconds.

"Maya. I'm sorry." He brushed his fingertips against my cheek. I twitched, stepping away from him.

"I hate you," I said, grinding my teeth together. Hot tears poured down my cheeks, and I angrily wiped them away.

"I love you," he whispered as I turned away. I continued down the hall without a single thought to him.  

I walked all the way out of the school and to the comfort of my empty apartment. Mom was at work, Shawn was waiting for her to get out of work so they could be alone for the night. He was going to propose. Usually that sentence made me smile but that moment it made me cry. Why was everyone happy around me? Everything was going swell for people except me. Why?

I woke up the next morning two hours late for school. I didn't care, I wanted to sleep and be in dream world where everything was normal and right again. I sighed.

I hated myself for doing it but in the end I got dressed and  went to school. Matthews's second period of history was starting as I walked into the class. Riley had on her normal clothes on again and Lucas smiled at me.  It was a sad smile.

"Glad you're here, Maya." Matthews said, allowing me to sit in my seat.

"Yeah, I'm not," I huffed, noisily getting into my chair.

"Why not?" he questioned.

"You can't trust anyone these days," I simply said, chewing my nail.

He nodded as if he understood. Maybe Riley had told him, but I didn't care.

This isn't worth it Maya. This scumbag used you, abused you, and cheated on you. Go.

I looked at Riley, who was sad but smirking. Where had my best friend? Sure she was dressing as herself again, but who was this b***h who had replaced my sweet innocent Riley?

I had one thought on my mind the rest of class.

All class Riley was nice and sweet to me in front of the boys. After class, Mr.Matthews had to run to a meeting, but he left me to clean up my stuff. Riley nodded to the boys. "Don't worry, I got her!" She turned to me, and I saw through her smile.

The boys smiled and left as I muttered "Doubtful@ through my teeth. "So..." I said. Riley glared. "Listen up, maya. He's mine now, give it up." Then she shoved me. Riley... Where are you?

I looked up, searching for my best friend. But all that was left was a glimmer of her.

"You b****," Riley said. "You really think a guy like him would want a girl like you?" "I- he l-loves-" She laughed. "Maya,Maya, Maya. If he loved you, then why, oh why, was he yesterday trying to score on this," She said waving to her body, "If he really loved you? Let's face it, peaches. You are a mess, a basketcase. I, however am a princess. Who in their right mind would pick you over me? Who in their right mind would love you?"

My eyes filled with tears. I got up and sprinted out of the room, sobbing loudly. "Maya- wait, I didn't mean..." I heard Riley yelling, on the edge of tears. "I'm sorry" I heard, as I ran out of school, past Lucas, Farkle, and Mr.Mattews. I ran, ran, ran, to a place nobody but me would think of, to a place where things had been better.
A place better than home.

Yayyyyyyy!
It's Leah. Grace started the chapter, but I finished it.
Guyssss! I (Leah) have started 2 new books, one a occasional lucaya book called neverland and a one shot book. Yayyyyyyyyy! Sorry for such a late update, it took a while to write, and I have been sooooooo busy guys, it's insane. Anywho,
Luv yall,
~Leah~