•NOTHINGIAMALSOUNCOMFORTABLE•

Lucas's POV

I watched as the girls ran off to class. Riley was so similar I couldn't believe it. Her hair... Those eyes... That quirky attitude...

Lucas, I told myself. You better not mess this up. If she only knew... I stopped myself.

There was no way Riley would find out. And Maya... She looked different. More mature, more wise, but still Maya. My heart twisted at the thought of her as Farkle and I ran after the girls.

I stopped suddenly. What was going on? I blushed. Wow there cowboy. You know you like Riley. You kissed her, went on a white horse for her, and even asked her dad for permission to go on a date. You LIKE Riley.

Farkle ran in to me. "You know Lucas, you could always make sure to know your way around the school you have been at for OVER A YEAR." He yelled angrily at me.

"Whoa there buddy." I said. "Is everything okay?"

He sighed. "Well, you know now that you and Riley are going out I keep trying to get Maya to go out with me but she won't. Which is confusing because Father always says that women love the Minkus family!"

I laughed. "C'mon Farkle. It will just take some time! Girls are like that." Then the bell rang and Farkle went ballistic. "OhnoIcan'tbelate!" He said before running off. I quickly followed on his heels.

In class we all sat down. Off the bat, Mr. Matthews started the lesson. "...People who live all their lives in a certain place travel to a new land of new feelings and new opportunities, having no idea how to behave in this new society..."

I couldn't help but feel that he knew about Riley & my kiss and was trying to make me uncomfortable. I started to blush. Riley whispered, "Lucas why don't you tell him?!"

I froze and blushed like crazy. "NOTHINGIAMALSOUNCOMFORTABLE," I stuttered.

I saw Maya and Farkle exchange a look. Oh no, I thought. They are up to something.

I was right. Farkle, of course, raised his hand. "So, Mr. Matthews, tell me, have you ever had the chance to take the new world into your trembling hands..."

As Mr. Matthews tried to figure out what Farkle was saying, Riley and I exchanged glances. "I mean are you supposed to be a couple next?" Farkle asked, raising his eyebrows.

I blanked out until Maya leaned close to me and said "You've done quite enough, haven't you." She made a kissy face. I blushed.

I then remembered the twisty feeling I had felt earlier. She looks different. Time froze. I found myself looking into her eyes.

Riley yelled angrily, "Maya!" The moment between us was lost. Oh well. It was probably just my imagination anyway. And I like Riley.

I came back to the situation and blushed as Mr. Matthews tried to figure out what was happening and watched with a dumbfounded expression as his eyes widened in horror.

Hey guys it's Leah! Me and Grace are trying to write this fanfic for you Lucaya/Laya supporters. Could you guys spread the word to your friends? Thank you!

-Leah-