•Apologies•

Lucas's POV

Maya was no where to be found after she had left the school earlier that day. I searched everywhere for her, her house, Riley's house, my house, Matthews' classroom, I even asked Zay and Farkle where she was.

I walked over to them where they looked at books in the school library.

"Do any of you know where Maya is?" I asked them, noticing how late it was getting.

"Did ya try calling her?" Zay asked. He wasn't even really listening, he just flipped through a book and placed it back on the shelf.

"I wouldn't have thought of that, right, Captain Obvious?" I mumbled sarcastically.

Farkle looked over at us nervously. "Guys, if we'd just calm down..."

"Are you guys even going to give me good information?" I asked, utterly exasperated. "She didn't answer any of my texts, and my calls went to voicemail so I suppose she turned off her phone."

"Why are you even trying to find her?" Farkle asked.

"Ah... It's complicated, Farkle."

He looked at me as if he dared me to continue. He raised his eyebrows and even Zay looked over to give me a smirk.

"I'll just say that Maya and I aren't really on good terms at the moment," I said.

"You should probably check at the old library. You know, the one that you and Riley started talking-"

"Thanks!" I said hurriedly, running out of the school.

I didn't stop running until I finally made it to the library. An old woman looked at me over her glasses.

"Can I help you?" she asked, clearly upset that I was here almost at closing time.

"Uh, yeah. Did you happen to see a short girl with blond hair walk in here earlier?"

"Maya's in the bathroom, honey." She told me, smiling a bit. "She's taking an awfully long time in there."

I looked at my watch, 11:59 PM.

"Thanks," I said to her, starting to walk straight back to the bathroom.

I knocked on the door, there was no answer. "Maya? It's me, your very sorry boyfriend."

I heard a gasp from inside and something falling to the ground. I heard a clatter of small objects hitting the ground, like pills or something...

"Maya?" I asked, nervously. I jiggled the knob which wouldn't open because it was locked and I kicked the door a few times.

"Maya, open the damn door!" I told her, continuing to kick the door.

The librarian walked up and unlocked the door with a key. "Maya," she screeched, seeing her somewhat pale.

"What's the matter with you?!" I asked her. "You could've... killed yourself," my voice turned into a whisper as I saw her sad sad eyes.

I pulled her into a hug. She didn't pull away, but she didn't hug me back either. She started crying silently into my sweatshirt.

"You were with Riley in that closet! I was just considering my options. It was too much hurt, Lucas..." she whispered.

"Maya, I wouldn't have been able to function without you. You mean the world to me, that's why I love you." I told her.

Maya turned her head to look me in the eyes. "What'd you just say?"

"I don't know, did I say something wrong?" I asked her, holding back a smile.

"You said you loved me..." she murmured, stepping back.

"I do love you. I wouldn't say it if I wasn't true," I explained, holding her hand.

"I think I might love you, too," she said quietly.

"I'm taking you to the hospital," I said, pulling her out of the library. "Don't you ever scare me like that again."

"Okay," she answered sincerely, waving a goodbye to the librarian.

Once Maya was cleared out of the hospital, I walked with her around town.

"Where are we going, Huckleberry?" she asked, questioning my sense of direction every block.

"My house."

I felt her grip on my hand fade slightly. "Don't worry, Maya. My parents aren't home," I said, jokingly.

"Lucas!" she exclaimed, looking at me seriously.

"Kidding," I said. "But, I am taking you to my house. I want to talk about today and... I just don't want to leave you alone in a house tonight."

She nodded but didn't say anything.

"You're really quiet now, what's wrong?"

I stopped our walking a black away from my house. I turned to Maya and kissed her forehead. She looked up at me. I couldn't tell her exact emotion.

"Can we not talk about today?" she asked, shifting on her feet. "I get that you're sorry and all that, but I'd rather not talk about Riley."

"Alright. No problem," I assured her.

"You're still a Huckleberry though," she concluded, pulling me along by the hand.

"And a Ranger Rick?" I asked in fake surprise.

"Yup," she said, nodding. I stopped walking again and pulled her close to me.

"I'm sorry about today," I told her, even though I knew she already knew. Her blue eyes were so light that it almost made the darkness glow.

"I know," she said softly. She fixed her hair and shoved the end pieces underneath her sweater.

I kissed her lightly, holding her face with my hands. Maya smiled into the kiss, forgetting all about earlier today.

Hey guys it's Leah! Grace actually wrote this chapter. New Coverrrr!!!And guess what? I am sorry to say there is only one chapter left! After that there will be a Q&A AND and epilogue (if you guys want it. Do you guys want a sequel? I don't usually believe in sequels because they don't tend to be as good as the first, but tell me what you guys think.

Love y'all,
~Leah and Grace~