•The Truth•

Maya's POV

Well now this Zay guy is here. He said that apparently Lucas was a lot different in Texas. I hope that doesn't make him have to leave this school like he had to leave his old school in Texas.

Riley and Lucas broke up. She was somewhat upset but got over it. He wasn't that fazzed... What does that mean? Wouldn't he want to stay with Riley? I don't understand.

I pulled Lucas over to the side after lunch. "Hello, Ranger Rick."

"Maya, what do you want?"

"I want to know what you did in Texas! I deserve to know!" I told him.

"That's the issue: you don't deserve to know. You're too important to me, I'm not letting you... or Riley know about what I did."

"Cut the act. I told you that I liked you days ago and you showed no expression whatsoever. I was telling you the truth, now I want to know the truth about you."

"Maya, I didn't react because Riley was in my life, dating wise... I would've said the wrong thing," he shuffled his feet a little. "You really want to know the truth about the old Lucas?"

I nodded, "Yeah that'd be nice to know."

"Well I was bad. Really bad. I hurt people. Zay started this situation by getting into fights in the first place but that's beside the point."

"Oh."

He put his hand lightly on my cheek. "I don't want to hurt you, Maya. I like you, too."

"That's nonsense! You like Riley, you always have. You can't just change your mind." I argued with him. I wanted him to like me but I didn't want to just accept the fact that he liked me for a while now.

"I've pretty much always liked you." He admitted. He was leaning in towards me and kissed me. Lucas kissed me.

"Maya, Lucas?" Farkle walked out of his hiding spot.

My eyes widened, "Farkle whatever you just heard, please don't tell Riley. It'll ruin our friendship. You wouldn't want that, would you?"

"He doesn't have to tell me," Riley said walking from behind Farkle, standing next to him. "I can't believe you."

"I should go..." Lucas said and ran off down the hall.

"He kissed me, Riles, he kissed me." I assured her, trying to be helpful but I couldn't ignore the tingling sensation on my lips.

She nodded solemnly and left with Farkle.

"Riles, don't be mad at Lucas." I told her. She turned around and smiled a little, adding a thumbs up.

"So how was school today, ladies?" Topanga asked at the dinner table that night.

"Eh." Riley answered, pushing her corn around on her plate.

Cory looked at me and I shrugged. "Maya, how was your day?" He asked me.

"No comment," I muttered.

"Hm..." Topanga glanced at Riley and I.

"If you'll excuse me..." Riley said, standing up and walking to her room.

"Maya?" Topanga asked.

"I'll deal with it," I answered, following Riley. She was sitting on her bed, staring into space.

"Riles, please don't shut me out. We're best friends." I patted next to me on the bay window.

"I just can't believe he pretended to like me," she whimpered, sitting next to me.

"Oh honey, he didn't pretend. He really liked you. I honestly have no idea why he would pick me over you in the first place."

"Really?" She perked up. "You have so many good qualities..."

"Like what?" I chuckled.

"Well... you haven't gotten detention since the school year started." She offered me a small smile.

"I'll just have to change that then," I grinned. "Seriously though, don't let Lucas bring down your mood."

"Yeah, you're right."

"I should get going but I'll see you tomorrow as always." I stood up.

"Bye." She hugged me goodbye and I left.

I took the subway home and returned to an empty house. My mom was working late at the dinner again so I changed into my pajamas and ate some pancakes.

I got comfortable in bed and turned off my bedside lamp. My phone buzzed.

"Aren't you good at timing?" I asked aloud.

I threw my covers all around, looking for my phone. It landed with a kluck on the floor. I winced. That couldn't be good.

I chuckled and grabbed my phone. Two new text messages.

One from Shawn: Guess who's in town?! Get ready for sightseeing and hopefully your mom and you will like my surprise.

Shawn is proposing to my mom. After only months of knowing each other, they really like each other. I'm glad because Shawn's great.

The other text was from Lucas: Goodnight, Hart. Likes from Lucas.

I ended that night with a smile on my face. So so happy...

Hiiiiiii guyssssssssssssss!!!!! I have a sore throat and I'm all messed up. Stuffy nose and all that. I hope you guys are having a better week than me. Hoped you really liked this chapter!!!

-grAce- :)