•Not A Date•

Farkle's POV

My two best friends, and loves of my life, are in the hospital because of Lucas.

Lucas, I thought, didn't he do enough beating up Maya?! Not Riley too!

He caused Riley to have a panic attack which I've only seen her have once before where she couldn't stop talking in class and fainted.

Well they were in the hospital. They both got released yesterday. Maya has a lot of bruises and a broken rib cage and Riley is just Riley, minus the spunk which is a very sad Riley.

I don't like seeing them like this. They look horrible and beaten down like they lost a war.

At lunch I slid in a seat between Riley and Maya. Lucas wasn't allowed to go to school at all until his life of expulsion is done, which is tomorrow.

I can't believe Riley and Maya both fell in love with that maniac. That's the nicest thing to call him since he's a year older than us, beating up girls, people thought he would've known better.

"Riley? Maya?" I asked after multiple minutes of silence. "Are you guys okay?"

"We're okay, Farkle." Riley replied, putting her hand on my shoulder for assurance.

"It's all good." Maya said, turning towards us. "I'm going to use the bathroom so I'll probably see you guys after school." She hobbled away with her hand clutching an ice pack on a huge bruise near her ribs.

"Now that we're alone..." I told Riley, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Not now, Farkle." She said, pushing the food around on her plate.

"Riley Matthews, you cannot be upset because of this Lucas situation. I won't allow it! Don't you realize how much better you deserve than him? You're special, beautiful, kind, amazing... You can't have some maniac boy ruin your attitude." I told her, waving my hands around for emphasis.

"Farkle, it's just that I've liked him for so long and then he likes me back and then he likes Maya and then they kiss and date and then he beats her up and then we're both in the hospital!" She gasped and breathes heavily.

"Remember to breathe." I warned her, putting an arm around her.

She giggled and wriggled her way from under my arm.

"That giggle is my favorite sound," I told her. She raised her eyebrows but smiled.

"Farkle...?"

"Want to hang out after school Riley?" I asked.

"Like a date?" She answered, uneasily.

"We shouldn't refer it as that but I'll think of it as one." I smirked and left her in a cloud of confusion.

We sat at a table in Topanga's cafe.

"It looks really nice now," I told Riley, scooching closer to her seat.

"Yeah it does," she said, locking her eyes with mine.

"You know that Lucas didn't deserve you, right?" I asked her, loosely holding her hand.

"Can we not talk about you-know-who?" She asked, looking like she was beaten.

I quickly nodded and felt her warmth coming from her hand onto my skin. I thought about that in the least creepiest way possible.

I walked away and brought back two muffins, one blueberry and the other chocolate.

I placed a napkin down for her and handed her the chocolate muffin.

"You remember everything, don't you? You remember when we had that muffin talk in fourth grade and I announced that my favorite kind of muffin was chocolate?!" Her eyes gleamed with hope and happiness.

"Of course I remembered." I told her.

She slipped her hand into mine and looked at our hands for a second and then back up at me.

"Read the napkin." I said, adjusting it so she could see.

"Read it to me." She demanded, fake pouting.

"Riley. The sea to my ship, the wind under my wings. She's the one that makes me warm and happy when life's cold brings... There's more but it's corny," I admitted.

A while later, we walked out of the cafe and to the park we used to go to. The park is empty for a nice day like that day and Riley lead me towards the field.

"Riley," I laughed, "why are we here?"

"Well I wasn't going to do it in the cafe." She said.

"Do what?" I questioned.

"Something I'll probably regret," she simply said.

I was about to question her again but I couldn't. Riley Matthews leaned forward and kissed me, just like I've dreamt of my whole life.

Getting some Riarkle action?! I ship Riarkle a lot because Farkle is just too sweet to Riley and Maya! Too cute!

-a very sleepy grace-