Chapter 32: To New Beginnings

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

Lucerys looked to his sister like she was the most amazing being in the entire world. To him, she was his entire universe. Alaesys hushed him and tried to wipe all of his tears away. Today was the day that her family would return to Dragonstone. It was very obvious that the mood was heavy and the weather replicated that. Ally kissed Luke on his cheek and wrapped his cloak tighter around his shaking body.

Jace couldn't seem to look at her, his attention was everywhere but his sister. Alaesys cupped his face and brought his attention back to her. "Jacerys look at me." Jace brought his gaze but to his sisters and she pushed his wet hair from his forehead. "Keep them safe for me." She stood tall and kissed his cheek, bringing him in for a tight hug. She kneeled down to little Joffrey who held his mothers dress in his tiny fingers.

He had grown as well but he was definitely still that squishy babe that her and her brothers fawned over. She attacked his face with kisses and he squealed in delight. "And you sir better behave!"

"If he takes after his sister we may have a problem." Daemon chuckled at his oldest daughter. Alaesys wrapped her arms around Daemon's shoulder and he gave her a warm embrace. "Please keep safe, Princess."

"Always. Make sure to send Baela and Rhaena my love." She had missed her sisters at her wedding. Her grandmother Rhaenys had many duties that awaited her back at Driftmark. She kept Alaesys half-sisters for a much needed hand but had managed to send a hearty wedding gift.

Rhaenerya was the last to receive her goodbye and she seemed to be taking it the hardest. Physically, Luke was the alone crying and clinging to Alaesys but Rhaenerya was shaken with fear. She was leaving her daughter to someone who may have threatened her entire life. Alaesys rubbed her mothers back as they embraced, whispering how she would come to visit as soon as she could.

"I'll be alright. Aemond wouldn't allow anyone to harm me." Alaesys looked back to her husband that was standing a few feet away. The tension between Aemond and Daemon was quite heavy over the last few days of their stay. Rhaenerya took Alaesys hands and kissed the back of them.

"If you do not I will fly here myself and steal you away." Rhanerya kissed Alaesys head, squeezing her hands until she could feel herself physically shake.

"I promise mother." The two women parted and Jacerys had to pry Lucerys fingers from Alaesys dress. The two climbed upon their dragons and Alaesys ran her hand over Syrax's hip. The mighty dragon gave a chirp of approval and Alaesys rubbed the scales on the top of her head. Aemond came to join her, resting a hand on her lower back as he nodded towards his two nephews.

"I pray you have a safe flight home." Jacerys completely ignored Aemond. He gave a sad smile to his sister and reared his dragon towards the sky. Vermax's strong wings blew Alaesys hair around her face and Luke soon took after his older brother, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. Alaesys could no longer hold back the pain in her chest and chased after her brothers. Her boots tore through the wet grass of the early morning. She lifted the front of her dress, but that did not stop it from becoming stained.