🪡Act-14🪡

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚Your POV˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"🄶🄴🅃 🅄🄿. 🅃🄾🄳🄰🅈, 🄸🅂 🅂🄿🄴🄲🄸🄰🄻. 🄼🄰🄺🄴 🄰 🄳🄴🅂🅂🄴🅁🅃 🅆🄾🅁🅃🄷🅈 🄴🄽🄾🅄🄶🄷 🄰🄽🄳 🅃🄷🄴🄽 🅆🄰🄺🄴 🅄🄿 🅃🄾🄱🅈."

While my brain settles in the message- my eyes start to burn from underneath my eyelids.

I sit up halfway and look around. Sadly, Tᴏʙʏ doesn't own a clock. I slow down my movements to the high speed of a slug to not stir up Tᴏʙʏ.

He's pretty exhausted from last night's movie endeavors. I had to carry him to bed last night.

*ᶜˡⁱᶜᵏ*

Finally, out of the bedroom! Now, let's get this done.

First- to the bathroom. Once entering I have to immediately silence the now teenage raccoons and move them into the sink.

The shower temperature in the cabin is always ice cold. I don't mind it too much though, partly because I think it makes my body wash have a more effective spread.

Speaking of soap, I should ask Toby to bring back more bathing essentials for the raccoons. They're too big to be using the puppy shampoo (apple-scented) that he got them.

I rush to put my clothes on and move the raccoons to their lovely throne.

.・゜゜・

Breakfast, done. Teeth brushed. All that's left is to make this dessert! But what dessert exactly?

Desserts come in all shapes in sizes, from cupcakes and cookies to pies and cakes.

We don't have ingredients for cupcakes or cakes- and I'm certainly not going to serve cookies on a 'special occasion'.

So- pie it is! This better not be a wedding- so help me God.

Let's see. All-purpose flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, whole milk, eggs, unsalted butter, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract.

Hmmmm, I guess I could make-

"🄱🅄🅃🅃🄴🅁🅂🄲🄾🅃🄲🄷 🄲🄸🄽🄽🄰🄼🄾🄽 🄿🄸🄴."

...

Ok then, butterscotch cinnamon pie it is... I feel like an even more messed up version of Joan of Arc.

First things first- the pie crust. I love pie crust.

It's easy to make and even if you end up buying store-bought, the more professional bakers won't bother you about it.

There's no wrong way to make pie crust in my opinion! Though, I usually add a tiny bit of extra sugar- just to sweeten it up a little.

Now that the pie crust is molded and put into the oven- it's time to get serious.

I always have a hard time using butterscotch. It always ends up on my sleeves or stuck on my apron.

That's why I'm using full force when mixing these ingredients- you can't be sloppy with this amount of pressure on the line.

Finally, the pie crust should be ready! I took it out of the oven just before it beeped. Toby's still asleep? I was sure the sound of my vigorous mixing would wake him.

The smell that radiated off the pie told me all I needed to know. It was time to pour in the mixture and slide it into the oven as well.

.・゜゜・

To top it off, whipped cream with some cinnamon sprinkled on top!

The secret to a good pie is letting it cool off- so I stick it in the fridge

That's when  Tᴏʙʏ came jumbling down the stairs, probably smelling the pie.

However, I stop him halfway.

*Go back up and put on the fanciest outfit you own.*

"Wʜᴀᴛ? Is ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ s-sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ?"

*Yes, go back up and change already, I need to drop off a pie and borrow something.*

"Hᴍᴍᴍ, ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ. B-Bᴜᴛ,  ᴡᴀɪᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴏᴋᴀʏ? I ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴡ-wɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ."

Tᴏʙʏ runs off before I can argue with him- leaving me alone in the kitchen with only my thoughts.

Why does he insist on following me?

END
Word count: 629
Author's note: This one's short- but that's because the next chapter will be hefty