🦷Act-18🦷

[Time: 4:15 AM]

[Location: Appalachian Mountains, Massachusetts-Cheshire]

[Age: 14]

[Name: *Something was written down here, but it's now aggressively hidden underneath large pen engravings*]

[Mental State: Being taken into the program for allegations from neighbors about missing pets, 'messages played out in bones', and breaking into houses to bury their animals]

[Parents Request: Keep them away from isolation punishments, keep them away from too many people, and keep away from 'quiet reading time']

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚Your POV˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

My eyes are starting to dry up. This new flashlight Dad bought me is just too bright for late-night reading.

'The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane', my brain read to me as I rubbed my thumb over the soft cover of my new book my mom plucked off the shelf, just for me

It made my body shake with joy- I loved having my books. My walls are covered in my many collections, but my books only take up one single pile in the corner.

As someone who has trouble sleeping, it's hard for me to go back to sleep once I wake.

The sound of dripping water, the sound of our wind chimes banging against each other, the crazed sounds the neighbors 'pets' make at me, and not to mention the amount of pressure I put on myself to keep these 'pets' away.

Pets are what they call those beasts. I know the truth. The others see them as small and collective items. I see them as what they truly are. Deformed, cold, spirits.

Such evil things must not be seen by humans.

...

*click*

Huh? That's not right, my parents aren't supposed to come home from that New Year's party until tomorrow.

There's no way one of those spirits snuck in here. I made several efforts to keep them away!

I swing my legs over the bed and hop to my feet. I rush to the kitchen to meet these 'intruders' halfway.

Just as I planned, people come around the corner. They shine flashlights in my face, making me shut my eyes and cover them with my arms. The light bounces all around the house.

They all lunge at me, rags and Swiss Army knives in hand. At that point, I couldn't do anything. Why here? Of all places? Why me? Of all people?